Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Add Cockfighting?
I mean, it speaks for itself. Let ranchers orcistrate chicken based blood sports for fun and profit.
never
Man just have players fight raptors
maybe let's not stray towards actual straight up animal abuse beyond what you can already do to critters n shit?
[isl]
Can we attach razor blades to the staffies' legs?
Okay, we don't need animal abuse in funny farting spaceman game. Maybe I'm just soft because I am one of those people who cries at animal shelter commercials.
haha no
I don't think the current chicken mechanics would support this very well.
Nevermind the fact that we have better things like staffies and monkeys.
I don't think coding it in would be worthwhile entertainment either.
They're meant to be cute and cuddly. (Except maybe the raptors.)

Other than Cockfighting being illegal in all 50 states, I don't really see why they're so against the idea.
Meanwhile we have roving bands of crew that beat monkeys to death every round.

At best, in maps like Donut 3 with large maint areas, building a makeshift fighting spot wouldn't be hard.
At that point you could do Crew vs. crew rage cage, monkey crate from cargo for monkeys.
(07-04-2021, 07:36 AM)Chayot Wrote: I don't think the current chicken mechanics would support this very well.
Nevermind the fact that we have better things like staffies and monkeys.
I don't think coding it in would be worthwhile entertainment either.
They're meant to be cute and cuddly. (Except maybe the raptors.)

Other than Cockfighting being illegal in all 50 states, I don't really see why they're so against the idea.
Meanwhile we have roving bands of crew that beat monkeys to death every round.

At best, in maps like Donut 3 with large maint areas, building a makeshift fighting spot wouldn't be hard.
At that point you could do Crew vs. crew rage cage, monkey crate from cargo for monkeys.

Well, we can have staffies beat each other to crit, but borderline animal abuse bad.
Hello yes I know this is a farty space man game where murder is kinda normal but can we avoid shit with animal cruelty yeah ok thanks bye
Animal abuse is a terrible thing, and is worse than the warcrimes committed during the regular shifts, hell, even the syndicate avoids it, so yeah, here is a resounding NO to animal abuse.
Putting aside the ethical arguments about whether we ought to allow cockfighting or not, in-game, in real life, in wherever (which are very valid, but I want to try a different angle to add something to the discussion), I personally think (i.e. some other admins might think otherwise, but they also might agree) that if chickens fighting chickens was to be in the game (which it technically is, albeit it involves mindswapping shenanigans), it'd likely be more than just chickens clawing at each other with their talons or pecking at each other with their beaks and generally be pretty far from real-world cockfighting.

I say that because while critter vs critter is a niche yet to be filled, it's competing with a lot of other bloodsports, like the rage cage and human vs monkey fights other peopled mentioned, on top of things like the boxing/wrestling ring, murderbox, and VR Thunderdome. These are both reasonably easy to pick up and get into and (perhaps more importantly) fun to watch too, and murderbox also doubles somewhat as antag practice, so chicken vs chicken fighting basically has to go up against those.

I bet if it was chickens fighting non-chickens, it'd be a lot more interesting (and perhaps more palatable too), so you could, say, have a chicken protect you from a wraith's animated objects (which monkeys already do, or at least are supposed to) or have one accompany you to an azone to fend off all the hostiles.
Only if the chickens wear wrestling belts and boxing gloves, also make it do wrestling moves on anyone who messes with it.
Lemme graft a fricken laser gun to a chickens fricken head