Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Change: Pill bottle capacity
Currently if you make a pill bottle, the amount of pills you make determines the maximum quantity of that bottle. I am here to petition the change for pill bottle quantity to be a static 20 versus what it is now. A workaround that is being used is players will dump 20 5u pills and then refill the pill bottle with other pills. 

Why 20?
5u is the minimum pill amount. If you want to make stronger pills, you can consolidate them into one bottle and not have to do an annoying work-around to organize pills. Also a static 20 would prevent the previous problem of a pill bottle being filled with a very large amount of pills, usually from an art beaker.

What does this solve?
It's majorly a QOL thing, feels more realistic, and still solves the issue that brought the change in the first place.

Also patches to work the same way would be wonderful.
This proposed change seems like a bad thing to me.

(07-03-2021, 12:07 PM)Vorlice Wrote: Also a static 20 would prevent the previous problem of a pill bottle being filled with a very large amount of pills, usually from an art beaker.

How is that a problem?

When I find an artbeaker being able to make 100u pills from a large beaker to get my mixes done feels nice.
(07-03-2021, 12:14 PM)GORE Wrote: This proposed change seems like a bad thing to me.

(07-03-2021, 12:07 PM)Vorlice Wrote: Also a static 20 would prevent the previous problem of a pill bottle being filled with a very large amount of pills, usually from an art beaker.

How is that a problem?

When I find an artbeaker being able to make 100u pills from a large beaker to get my mixes done feels nice.

I don't see how that's relevant to the proposed change. The suggested change has nothing to do with unit sizes of pills, it's about making static the physical number of pills that can be put in a pill bottle, regardless of amount of units contained within. They're trying to prevent bottles of 200 5u pills or whatever, I have to imagine.
(07-03-2021, 12:14 PM)GORE Wrote: This proposed change seems like a bad thing to me.

How is that a problem?

I feel like it'd be a better alternative to what we have now where some bottles cap out at 1-3 pills.

Say you don't have an art beaker, how would you make 100u pills from your mix and put them in a bottle?
(07-03-2021, 12:23 PM)Vorlice Wrote:

How is that a problem?

I feel like it'd be a better alternative to what we have now where some bottles cap out at 1-3 pills.

Say you don't have an art beaker, how would you make 100u pills from your mix and put them in a bottle?

ONE BY ONE.

Tedious as hell.
Okay so I don't see a downside to this. Seems like a good idea all around.
[/quote]

ONE BY ONE.

Tedious as hell.
[/quote]

Exactly, i want to make it so if you don't have an art beaker but still want to make 100u pills, you can make a pill bottle with a 100u pill in it, and then be able to put more in afterwards, upwards to 20. (or ... more if they feel it wouldn't be an issue)
I am against this change.

Many low dosage pills are useful.
(07-03-2021, 12:47 PM)GORE Wrote: I am against this change.

this change doesnt effect low size pills??? 20 pills is still more than enough
Why make it more sucky to carry around a lot of low dosage pills then?
Emptying one bottle to load in more pills to another always seemed silly. More than once I've wanted to carry around multiple pills and this seems like a good change.
[isk]
[isj]
(07-04-2021, 03:10 AM)MetricDuck Wrote:
(07-03-2021, 12:58 PM)unfunnyperson Wrote:
(07-03-2021, 12:47 PM)GORE Wrote: I am against this change.

this change doesnt effect low size pills??? 20 pills is still more than enough

The change proposed in the OP prevents someone from making more than 20 pills in a bottle if they find an art beaker, which I think is probably the current intended behaviour given it could easily have been static from the start.
100%

This proposed change is Anti-QoL as it would force somebody to haul many pills by stacking their backpack with multiple instances of pill bottles to even begin to haul around 100+ pills at once.

Tedious and tiresome.
Hey side note why do you have 100+ pills