Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[CLOSED PR] Slight Rearangement of Debris Field
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[Mapping] [Balance] [Input Wanted]
About the PR

In the current debris field, it is way too easy to get Strelka and a MK3 Disruptor. Some areas like the Santa ship are weirdly well protected, and drones regualarly camp the mining outpost, harrassing people moving in that area when they should be in the debris field proper. I've moved the Strelka carrier farther into the debris field, and also moved the Strelka hanger beacon into the ship itself, so you have to go past the saw drone in order to reach strelka. I have moved the Santa ship to near the mining outpost, so drones wont harrass the outpost anymore, leading hopefully to more use in general gameplay. The MK3 disruptor has been moved to near the asteroid field around the Prisoner Transport, so you have to fight for a very powerful pod weapon.

Why's this needed?

Moving the aformentioned things adds a layer of freshness to the Debris Field, along with making the good loot harder to get consistantly.
For Reference, here is the times it took me to get strelka on the current Debris and the new one, with the starting point being Cog 1's crew quaters.

CURRENT TIME: 49.82

NEW TIME: 1:17.51

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Eagle

(+)Rearanged the Debris Field a bit. Have fun!

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Its always going to be easy to get whatever you need in the debris field because people are going to just get good at reaching the area. Unless you make it so annoying to get that no one bothers anymore like killing the Xdrone or something. But then its just a wasted area because no one wants to go deal with it.
(07-02-2021, 09:14 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Its always going to be easy to get whatever you need in the debris field because people are going to just get good at reaching the area. Unless you make it so annoying to get that no one bothers anymore like killing the Xdrone or something. But then its just a wasted area because no one wants to go deal with it.

100%
I saw this PR and mentioned in admin chat that I think it would be fun if you had to kill one or two of the droned guarding the russain ship in order to unlock the strelka hangar on the ship.
What kinda drones? Personally Id say get some russian AK744 bots to guard it. Obviously you cant get the AKs from them but it would be fitting.
(07-04-2021, 05:19 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: What kinda drones? Personally Id say get some russian AK744 bots to guard it. Obviously you cant get the AKs from them but it would be fitting.

Only if they use special AP rounds that go through lockers so you can't cheese them as easily
(07-04-2021, 02:49 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I saw this PR and mentioned in admin chat that I think it would be fun if you had to kill one or two of the droned guarding the russain ship in order to unlock the strelka hangar on the ship.

If I knew how to code better I’d do this, cause that’d be very fun. Probably add a teleblock to the hanger so people can’t cheat
(07-04-2021, 05:19 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: What kinda drones? Personally Id say get some russian AK744 bots to guard it. Obviously you cant get the AKs from them but it would be fitting.

HK drone shoots 774 rounds, reskinning them to look more soviet would work.