Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Add a prosthetics locker to medbay
Would be nice to have a few simple prosthetics to slab unto patients in the case that Robotics is either completely overhelmed or unusable for whatever reason. You could even add peglegs so if someone want's to cosplay as a pirate, they can get one of their perfectly healthy legs cut off and have that replaced with cool pegleg.
It would definitely be more convenient than bugging Robotics for them. What if the medbay fabricator just made light limbs?
(07-02-2021, 08:03 AM)Kamikaze Mongoose Wrote: It would definitely be more convenient than bugging Robotics for them. What if the medbay fabricator just made light limbs?

Yeah that'd be nice too, especially if for some reason(like lots of bombs, admemery or if they somehow manage to escape a traitor Camryin with a C-Saber) alot of people end up in med without limbs and the prosthetic locker is already used up, you can always give them some light borg limbs so they're not just some meatbags lying on the floor not able to do anything.
How about if it was a locker filled with a randomly generated mix of prosthetics, so as to not devalue robotics too much?
(07-02-2021, 08:16 AM)Carbadox Wrote: How about if it was a locker filled with a randomly generated mix of prosthetics, so as to not devalue robotics too much?

Yes, also something I should've added in my OP post and I just remembered now, those prosthetics shouldn't be on par with borg limbs, rather they should be something to keep people moving and doing stuff till they can get proper replacements from the robotics. Except the peglegs, those should work like normal legs and mostly be used if someone desires them so they should also be in a very limited supply.

Quick Edit: Something that I nearly forgot again: Maby prosthetics should not require a stabler or sutures, instead you just strap them onto the stumb where a patients natural limb used to be. That way they don't require any surgery if borg limbs get available and the person wearing them can take them off and throw them at people if they so desire. Not sure how that would work if someone tried to remove someone elses prosthetic through disarm and I'm not good when it comes to game balancing ideas but maby someone could figure that out.
Limb fabrication/reattachment is about as close to zero effort as it can be.

If robotics is functioning, make them do the replacement limbs. If they are not functioning, bust in and print what you need to get your patients limbed-up.

If they are busy dealing with a bunch of other people without limbs, ask if they want help and just hold the door open (have a cyborg bolt it open, use a locker or crate or whatever to hold the door on an auto-close, or just hack it open) to get access to their fabricators. Alternatively: queue up like 5 of each and boom, you're done.

You can also slice limbs off of corpses and re-use those. The best part about that is that they don't cost any resources, and you don't have to worry about corpses feeling pain. If you are in a situation where a lot of people are coming in missing (and also not holding onto) their limbs you probably also have a lot of corpses to use.

TL;DR: don't take a job from robotics.
Adding to the above, if for whatever reason you have no extra limbs, no bodies, and for whatever reason you still can't get robo limbs, you can blind a monkey, slaughter it, and take the needed limbs off of it.
What if medical had a limb grower? Since prosthetics are more robotics' thing. It could be hooked up to the cloner and uses small amounts of biomass, and maybe emagging it could give you a -ahem-, "special selection." From the emagged selection, you could probably get bear and wendigo limbs.
ask botany if you want synthlimbs or grow some yourself with a botany kit tbh
Medbay can also dispense bodies from the cloner and use those limbs! Recycling!

But yeah, let Robotics and their fabricators keep making robot limbs, in my opinion. Replacing a limb isn't lifesaving surgery in the same way that replacing a failing liver or appendix is. It's OK to wait.
Add some pirate hooks and peg legs to medbay
(07-02-2021, 05:39 PM)Camryn Wrote: Add some pirate hooks and peg legs to medbay

yes
(07-02-2021, 06:19 PM)unfunnyperson Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 05:39 PM)Camryn Wrote: Add some pirate hooks and peg legs to medbay

yes

I'm sorry why are we not already doing this?

YAAARRRR!!!!

This I can get behind 100%.