Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
Breaking out of pins is ridiculously difficult, and needs a tweak.
(07-03-2021, 01:41 PM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: imo pins arent even strong enough. When the pin breaks, wether that being them breaking it, you dropping it, or someone else coming and dragging you away from the other person, the other person pops up an entire second sooner. Sometimes pins are broken way too fast, too, putting you at a disadvantage.

Just another reason to curb the RNG on it. Sometimes it gets broken first shove, sometimes you don't break out after 13 tries.
Make it so you resist out of a pin the same way you resist out of a handcuff, set timer based on your and the pinner's stamina. no RNG
not sure if i said this in my earlier post, but pins dont use RNG until the soft-cap at 8 resist tries, otherwise its all stamina drain based (where a pin is broken when the pinner reaches 0)

also, the pin is coded to stun the pinner for 2 seconds and the victim for 1 seconds when broken. those times could probably be evened out if people dont like that
(07-03-2021, 12:34 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(07-03-2021, 08:17 AM)Technature Wrote: Just because you don't like someone Pointing out something is a Kneejerk reaction doesn't mean it isn't a contribution to discussion.

For what it's worth, I don't think kneejerk threads are bad whatsoever. They might be reactionary, but sometimes you just notice something for the first time. Either way productive ideas could come about from the rest of the community thinking about it. The more people voice an opinion, the easier is to extrapolate what the general consensus is, learn something, or get a unique prospective from people who wouldn't necessarily given it if the topic hadn't come up|

"A broken clock is right twice a day."

There's nothing wrong with a Knee jerk reaction on its own.  I remember someone mentioned that something I said was a Knee Jerk reaction, and even at the time I didn't think it was wrong of them to say it.  It probably was, and getting feedback that I might be jumping the gun is appreciated cause I realize they're not saying that I'm being a baby about it.

But amazingly enough, I don't like being told my opinion doesn't matter when I point it out myself, and that kind of attitude has been becoming more common these days.

I'm sorry if that's something that certain people can't accept and instead have to belittle me for it.
guys please can we go one week without discussing the removal or nerfing of a perfectly fine mechanic
(07-06-2021, 08:28 AM)Jakson Wrote: guys please can we go one week without discussing the removal or nerfing of a perfectly fine mechanic

Pinned in half a second, down for a minute and helpless. Perfectly fine.
(07-06-2021, 09:20 AM)Cal Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 08:28 AM)Jakson Wrote: guys please can we go one week without discussing the removal or nerfing of a perfectly fine mechanic

Taser burst in 0.2 seconds, down for an eternity after stun batoned and cuffed. Perfectly fine.

Then don’t get pinned lol

If you get grabbed, then aggressively grabbed, then pinned, and you do nothing about it, you’re unrobust

Pins only take half a second if your stunned. If your stunned youve already lost. Otherwise they take like 3? 4? Seconds in a strong grab, which is plenty of time to break free. Spamming resist on its own gets you to break free like 60% of the time, but if your sprinting away then you can get free like 90% of the time if you mix that and resist. However theres not one, not two, but a third way you can always fight back on a pin. You can also.. disarm them! If your both sprinting to fight the pin, they will be super low on stamina, meaning all it takes is 1 shove! And suddenly theyre knocked over, if not, theyve atleast dropped the grab! If you STILL arent free after the disarm, youve got time for MORE disarms!

Hell, even if you do get pinned, a bystander watching the tussle 90% of the time will break the pin for you! Goon main is constantly running 80+ Pop on maps designed for 40-60. Your rarely ever in a spot where you have to 1v1 someone, and you cant win every 1v1! For every winner theres a loser.
so you're telling me you can spam disarm on someone holding you and it's more effective? sounds incredibly unintuitive.
(07-06-2021, 10:10 AM)Cal Wrote: so you're telling me you can spam disarm on someone holding you and it's more effective? sounds incredibly unintuitive.

Putting intuitiveness and SS13 together has never looked to be that big of a priority, if I’m being honest here.
(07-06-2021, 10:10 AM)Cal Wrote: so you're telling me you can spam disarm on someone holding you and it's more effective? sounds incredibly unintuitive.

What do you mean by unintuitive. Youve got 3 things you can do to break pins, and disarmings only part of it.

(Break em before they start)
You see guys, pins are not OP if I can get a gun and just shoot someone to death instead of pinning them. That way they are on the ground forever instead of the time it spends to break out of a pin.
(07-06-2021, 10:25 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: You see guys, pins are not OP if I can get a gun and just shoot someone to death instead of pinning them. That way they are on the ground forever instead of the time it spends to break out of a pin.

But what if I had a c saber?

Argument destroyed
(07-06-2021, 10:02 AM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote:

Pins only take half a second if your stunned. If your stunned youve already lost. Otherwise they take like 3? 4? Seconds in a strong grab, which is plenty of time to break free.

So what you're saying is, we need to nerf stuns.

I'm only putting this here cause I'm worried someone will take me seriously do not do this holy shit