Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Allow the shuttle to be changed using a communications console
Using a communications console you could select the shuttle that arrives to one of the admin gimmick shuttles. Maybe it would require a large amount of money to incentivize qms to make profit. Emag unlocks the fun shuttles like crusher shuttle, comically small shuttle, etc.
I like this a lot!
Does the game still track station quality and whatnot? Could be that instead of having the default shuttle show up (or maybe it shows up if the call is made by the AI instead of through the communications console by the Captain or someone else) at all, the shuttle that shows up is tied to the station's quality at the time of the call or something? Like if the station is in shambles, you get a suitably grody shuttle, and likewise if the station is in a fine state, you get a fine shuttle. Presumably we'd have the option like you mentioned where CentComm can just be bribed/a fancy shuttle ordered, so that if the station budget is large but the place is in shambles, the Captain can still spend money to order a fancy shuttle.

And yeah, definitely like the emag causing more *exotic* shuttles to arrive.
codeability questionable
desirable: yes, i want this
It is codeable yeah, but if anyone does attempt to code it they should put in some way to prevent people from ordering the same shuttles every rounds as to prevent stuff from getting boring.
They have it on TG, it is codable but I'm not sure how easily.
Perhaps Space Bux could be involved?
(07-01-2021, 06:43 PM)THISISANICEGAME Wrote: It is codeable yeah, but if anyone does attempt to code it they should put in some way to prevent people from ordering the same shuttles every rounds as to prevent stuff from getting boring.

We usually have the same shuttle every round; how is it not boring already?
This is a great idea. There is also room for traitor QM item where you could call a nasty shuttle instead, or one which is filled with weapons etc.
(07-02-2021, 10:09 AM)GORE Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 06:43 PM)THISISANICEGAME Wrote: It is codeable yeah, but if anyone does attempt to code it they should put in some way to prevent people from ordering the same shuttles every rounds as to prevent stuff from getting boring.

We usually have the same shuttle every round; how is it not boring already?

It is boring already, that is why people make custom shuttles.
Don't take this as an endorsement of this idea, but it is theoretically possible. There is a dedicated admin command for loading in a pre-set custom shuttle, and it's reasonably easy enough to use in that it's just a dropdown menu that lets you pick from a list of shuttles, with the option of the default one if you mess up/aren't happy with any of the other ones. Theoretically, it is possible to repurpose that for the comms console, but of course, it's easy for me to speculate if I'm not gonna put in the actual code work. I can't really speak for the quality of the command's code either, and I do imagine there is going to be extra work to put in a nice® UI.
Obviously dont let people order the fucking grinder shuttle
(07-05-2021, 12:54 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Obviously dont let people order the fucking grinder shuttle

Only if you have an emag