Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Tweak clown shoe slip
Uh... Gore you are kinda just arguing that someone else's playstyle is wrong compared to your playstyle and gatekeeping the job.

Also just a general point, this PR is specifically targeted to a single element of clown shoes that are totally unrelated to clumsy. Clumsiness is not touched by this PR. I have had a look and most elements of clumsy are controllable by the clown (don't do surgery, don't use grenades, don't use batons), there isn't too much that they can't avoid. Tripsalot is unavoidable, unless you just don't wear clown shoes.
I don't know what about eliminating unique gameplay situations isn't supposed to make for a richer experience?

Be a tider - wear a clown-suit if you hate the clown-life so much...or just play the mime.

(07-03-2021, 01:45 PM)Katzen Wrote: Uh... Gore you are kinda just arguing that someone else's playstyle is wrong compared to your playstyle and gatekeeping the job.

Also just a general point, this PR is specifically targeted to a single element of clown shoes that are totally unrelated to clumsy. Clumsiness is not touch by this PR.

To slip is to be a clown.

Just wear non-clown shoes if you hate slipping.

Dumbing down systems for the sake of comfort for a role which was designed with no comfort in mind,...
Well that is counter-intuitive.
i'm okay with a short cooldown between slips. stacking double probabilities also seems weird.

weakened prevents you from moving while on the ground. I'm okay with removing since slipping already handles that.

Most of this just seems like code cleanup to me.
Here's my thought.

Does being the clown suck?

Don't be the clown.

Nothing is stopping you from going to QM and ordering a clown suit.

And that's assuming the extra clown suits in the clown hole are already taken.

The number of things suggested to make things "balanced" is starting to irritate me. SS13 was never really balanced to begin with.

This isn't a MOBA, for fucks sake.
(07-03-2021, 04:03 PM)Technature Wrote: Here's my thought.

Does being the clown suck?

Don't be the clown.

Nothing is stopping you from going to QM and ordering a clown suit.

And that's assuming the extra clown suits in the clown hole are already taken.

The number of things suggested to make things "balanced" is starting to irritate me.  SS13 was never really balanced to begin with.

This isn't a MOBA, for fucks sake.

100% agree.
(07-03-2021, 02:08 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: i'm okay with a short cooldown between slips. stacking double probabilities also seems weird.

weakened prevents you from moving while on the ground. I'm okay with removing since slipping already handles that.

Most of this just seems like code cleanup to me.

Pretty much, but I disagreed with the *spirit* of the change.

EDIT:

(07-03-2021, 11:48 AM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote:
(07-03-2021, 08:41 AM)Camryn Wrote:
(07-03-2021, 07:57 AM)github_bot Wrote: Some of our most skilled clowns choose to not use their shoes because of the punishing knockdown.

This is a contradiction in terms. Skilled clowns don't remove their shoes. Ever.
This is a fundamental tenet of clowning. Violating it is akin to sacrilege.
noot is the #1 clown by longshot and they dont use clownshoes

Then they aren't the #1 clown.

Breaking the oath revokes your clown cred.

It's that simple. These are the ancient and iron clad laws by which all clowns have solemnly sworn to abide.
The clown aint there to add anything. The clown is there because some people want to play as a grubby clown. They have to put up with the downsides of being a horrible space clown.