Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Chemistry Materials Reaction and Changes
Some of my favorite parts of ss13 is totally the chemistry, in the sense that you can make some absolutely crazy stuff.
I approve of the secret chems, as letting people know all this crazy stuff would end up towards a very terrible time.
One thing I think needs improvement is chemicals interacting with the body, and how that could be changed or manipulated for more accurate results.

For one: I think that chemicals that penetrate certain areas, and most things that would harm skin that would be protected by wearing clothes/protective clothes, should apply to gloves too. The fact that I can create Sarin without needing gloves on sort of doesnt equate. Realistically, and theoretically, it would just penetrate through skin on the hands, which, you know, isnt good.

The other is how chemicals react when inside the body. For example, I procured a mix of phlog and napalm, put it in a pill, and had someone (willingly) ingest it. It cause a lot of damage, sure, but it was fixed by simple burn auto injectors. While yes, autoinjectors do fix a lot, I think the fact that a fire literally started inside someones stomach, burned through it to reach the skin, and is fine, doesnt make sense. 
If fire tears through internal organs, they should be absolutely demolished. Theres time for transplants, sure, but it doesnt make sense that they get a teensy amount of damage that they can just walk off.
There is water content in the stomach, no? Would potassium not explode inside someone if they injest a pill? It would be very powerful, sure, but it just makes sense.
This would obviously not occur to robotic internals if that was the case.

Is there not a chance other chemicals, such as those made at a chemistry dispenser, which would then be put inside of something like an oxygen tank/plasma tank? This would allow for, basically, chemical warfare to the highest degree. For example, if you put some sarin in an oxygen tank and then attached it in a TTV, that would therefore also release sarin gas into the air, making for a much better bomb. Strong, sure, but it makes sense.

Finally, I think something that can increase the diversity of playstyles would be any kind of transfer hook, like a tank transfer valve, that would allow the same functions, only with beakers. This would allow chemicals that produce a reaction on production a way to be utilized outside of the science lab, and without endangering the user.

Thanks for reading. Sorry if some of these questions have been asked before. I can not see the discord, and there are a LOT of suggestions, so please keep that in mind.
[iso]
(06-29-2021, 01:33 PM)MetricDuck Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 01:21 PM)johnnyBones Wrote: Finally, I think something that can increase the diversity of playstyles would be any kind of transfer hook, like a tank transfer valve, that would allow the same functions, only with beakers. This would allow chemicals that produce a reaction on production a way to be utilized outside of the science lab, and without endangering the user.

This at least, already exists in game and can be experimented with.

While I agree, it somewhat fits the purpose. A grenade is thrown, but a bomb is placed. The form I am envisioning would not be as mobile, and would also not be restricted to traitors.
The fact that you can mix Potassium, Sugar and Phosphorus in the body to literally explode all the chemicals out of your bloodstream but not all your blood will never not be funny to me.

Yes, realistically Phlog and Napalm should wreak havoc on your inner organs and realistically it would kill you within seconds (or at least your organs), but game-mechaniclly it would just be too easy. Any traitor can get a sleepy pen, killing would be way too easy if that sort of interaction existed.
(06-29-2021, 10:14 PM)palpetinus Wrote: The fact that you can mix Potassium, Sugar and Phosphorus in the body to literally explode all the chemicals out of your bloodstream but not all your blood will never not be funny to me.

Yes, realistically Phlog and Napalm should wreak havoc on your inner organs and realistically it would kill you within seconds (or at least your organs), but game-mechaniclly it would just be too easy. Any traitor can get a sleepy pen, killing would be way too easy if that sort of interaction existed.

wasnt the smoke powder in body think removed so it doesnt work because someone used it to duplicate chems?