Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mindslave implants need an overhaul
You're making the assumption that being robust is 100% 1:1 with being a powergaming jerk.  And furthermore, what about the ones who want to turn a new leaf, then get mindslaved and have no choice?
(07-01-2021, 05:42 AM)Ion Mage Wrote: You're making the assumption that being robust is 100% 1:1 with being a powergaming jerk.  And furthermore, what about the ones who want to turn a new leaf, then get mindslaved and have no choice?

If you are robust and paranoid you will stay more than one tile away from others if you fear a mindslave implant so badly. Easy counter.
(07-01-2021, 08:02 AM)GORE Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 05:42 AM)Ion Mage Wrote: You're making the assumption that being robust is 100% 1:1 with being a powergaming jerk.  And furthermore, what about the ones who want to turn a new leaf, then get mindslaved and have no choice?

If you are robust and paranoid you will stay more than one tile away from others if you fear a mindslave implant so badly. Easy counter.

That’s not exactly possible to do at times. Some players will simply wait for you to slip/get distracted then go in for the implant which you can’t exactly prevent.
Not hard to get someone talking and while theyre typing run up to em and click them once.
(07-01-2021, 10:12 AM)Ikea Wrote: Not hard to get someone talking and while theyre typing run up to em and click them once.

Don't tell people about my SECRET robusting technique

The people getting targeted round after round for mindslaving are the powergamers.
(07-01-2021, 12:23 PM)Mouse Wrote:

The people getting targeted round after round for mindslaving are the powergamers.

Now you just sound judgemental and vengeful.  You can't even remotely consider the possibility that some of these common targets don't actually want to go on a rampage?  That you are a 100% perfect judge of character, that they don't deserve any recourse for improving their reputation, and that if they want the chance to do so, they should just fuck off to another server?

Newsflash, that only reinforces the problem, since the actual, 100% confirmed assholes you speak of are not going to be phased by having more excuses to be asshole rampagers.  In fact, it also pushes the reformable ones away, making it doubly reinforcing the problem.
I know I've mentioned this before and I'm assuming I'm being ignored at this point.

Make a new character.
(07-01-2021, 06:43 PM)Technature Wrote: I know I've mentioned this before and I'm assuming I'm being ignored at this point.

Make a new character.

+1

You don't want your name to carry a reputation that will lead to others targeting you for whatever reason? Pick a random name.

If it is not mindslaves being complained about it might as well be anything else.
non-deluxe mindslaves are already a "get ratted out as traitor" button when their timer runs out(unless the mindslavee is cool), and can be surgically removed if the mindslavee gets caught
and deluxe costs 6 tc, half of your budget.
mindslaving is also quite visible, they instantly fall down(not many things cause this), so unless you get someone alone it's not hard for other players to react and just beat you both to death