Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
minisuggestion thread numbero dos
That's right! I'm doing this again. Small suggestions you think would make life on the station easier, but you'd rather not allocate an entire thread for. I'll begin:

-Prodocs have a special heart near a patient for when someone is under -200 health but still alive.
I think it would be useful, especially when there are multiple in critical condition to be able to differentiate between folks in super light crit and people who are probably fucked regardless, both at a glance and without a health analyzer. This would help with patient prioritization and also let traitor MDs know who needs to be finished off more

-Again, emergency injector/syringe of enbalming fluid to spawn in the (porta)nanomed.
Yes, you can go into morgue and grab one, but the morgue isn't always accessible, it's yet another step in setup routines to have to go there, and medbay is rarely not a crater. If we're doing ease of life changes, this is one I'm a strong advocate for.

-Give nukies a few (2-4) of the barricade parts that spawn in podwars. Pretty self explanatory, it lets them deploy something easily for shootouts. Nukies are getting better but they're still having their asses handed to them more times than not

-Include whether or not an antag survived as apart of the postround summary like at the end of nukie rounds. I think it'd be nice to have the closure of knowing how many antags got taken out and how many survived. While you're at it, maybe include being in crit as having not survived, both for normal and nukie rounds.

-Include a list of parts attached, or what parts are available when examining an incomplete robot frame. As a roboticist, it's not always easy to tell at a glance what something has on it without clicking with a wrench, and the ability to know what needs what would be greatly appreciated.

-Give more common items better descriptions. With tomato and co bringing new people onto gooncode, there's a greater influx of people who don't know the ins and outs of the game. Since examining is often the first thing people do when encountering something they're not fully familiar, now better than ever is a great time to add meaningful descriptions for chem dispensers, chemmasters, basic chem reserve tanks, genetics consoles, hyposprays, APCS, airlocks, nano fabricators (more descriptive), fueltanks, and syringes.

-More things to go in emergency boxes/toolboxes. I just think it would be funner to have a greater variety of things you can get, like glowsticks, a hybrid epi/stalbutamol injector, some form of disgusting protein bar for the RP servers. On the topic of, it would be flavourful (and more in character) if the emergency gas masks were (partially)resprited to be escape hoods instead of a fully air tank compatible vaccum sealed gas mask. Maybe make them only spawn in boxes and O2 lockers, and instead of being fully compatible, have an integrated, but very short and nonrefillable air tank, that allows you to trade size for length of airtime.

-Give chemistry an empty reagent tank. Frankly, they shouldn't have to rob the station of water coolers in order to make their unholy amounts of meth or just carry a boatload of chemicals around, so having an empty reagent tank just spawn in chemistry would be a nice quality of life improvement.

-Give windows (and by extension grilles) deconstruction prompts. Windows are the easiest barrier to get through with minimal tools, but since engineering know-how can only be gotten if you know exactly where to look, a lot of people can't get through them. Having something minimal like "There are some screws that fasten it to the ground" or "It is wedged firmly in the frame" would make them way more welcoming to newcomers, and furthermore, make being an engineer a far less daunting task.