Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Assistant Traitor Item: Crime Gloves
A 5 TC traitor item, similar to the pickpocket gun in the sense of stealing but a little bit.. different. What these special gloves do is constantly inject you with the 'crime' chem, the chemical that makes you steal stuff off people faster. It also gives you full electrical shock resistance, for full greytiding. They are still a bit more obvious than the pickpocket gun though, since you do have to get up close to steal somebodies stuff, they instantly set you to arrest, and have a bright red sprite.
You can already do this, essentially, via starstone chem infusion of synthrubber, which is then made into gloves
Edit: better yet, do it with red synthrubber
(06-26-2021, 01:14 PM)Zonespace Wrote: You can already do this, essentially, via starstone infusion of synthrubber, which is then made into gloves

Just infuse it with Crime?
(06-26-2021, 02:42 PM)TheRealFlapJackson Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 01:14 PM)Zonespace Wrote: You can already do this, essentially, via starstone infusion of synthrubber, which is then made into gloves

Just infuse it with Crime?

yep
Seems a bit useless considering you can already make this using ingame means and it has a unique sprite. If it allowed stripping of multiple items at once and a bonus strip speed it could be more interesting.
the thing is, crime isnt the easiest chem to make and starstones are super rare, so it could still have a value, although prehaps if theyre too obvious instead of making them look special just make them look like black gloves or insulated gloves
I agree with making it allow you to strip multiple items at once like how stripping items from people use to work years ago also make it fast as well, also make them insulated and you have a really good traitor item for thievery. I can see that being a high value item during spy rounds.
I like the concept here. A sort of pickpocket/theivery glove sounds like it's right up traitor SA's alley.

I don't think that tying it to the crime reagent is a good idea though, better to just make the gloves do things on their own. What I'm imagining for these gloves is a "fingerless gloves" mode and an "insulated/combat" mode where you's switch between them by using em in-hand:

Fingerless, they help you steal better, maybe let you see what is in a pocket before you try to steal it. Or let you look into someone's backpack or belt, and possibly steal from that too, with a somewhat longer timer than normal pickpocketing. I guess normal pickpocketing would hide the action bar, idk about if anyone added picking from backpacks or whatnot...

Insulated/combat, give you a bit of melee protection plus hot/cold in addition to the insulation. Possibly increase punch damage a touch?

Idk, I'm a fan of dual purpose items. Maybe the insul/combat mode isn't interesting enough to be on its own. I kinda had that thought because any "gloves" that are thick enough insulate you would probably be far less good at letting your fingies move as dexterously as they could with no gloves. Thus, fingerless gloves + full gloves, like those mittens that can flip back to be fingerless gloves.