Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.2 Average
[CLOSED PR] Nerfs lit welding tool damage from 15 to 10
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
Nerfs lit welding tool damage from 15 to 10

Why's this needed?
Its absurd and inconsistent for a welding tool to do more damage than a baseball bat (that deals 12 brute damage)

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Carbadox
(*)Nerfed lit welding tool damage from 15 to 10

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I'm just not understanding the logic of a plasma torch being less powerful than a baseball bat
Balance.  Welding tools are super common and easily made, baseball bats are rare and not easily made.
Instead of doing this, you could make it more interesting and make the welding tool damage be based on the reagent inside it, plasma would do 10 damage, welding fuel 13, phlogistion 15 and CLF3 18
Welding tool should do more damage but also run out of fuel from attacks and once the fuel is gone its the same as smacking someone with a crowbar or something.
oh great another nerf

my favorite

Why? You're burning someone with super hot fire bright enough to potentially blind a man, why wouldn't it hurt more than a baseball bat?
maybe another approach to making it weaker would be to make it consume a bit more fuel per attack. I think right now you can get at least like 40 hits out of one refill. seems like a lot more uses than you get out of the tool in any construction context.
the special attack fuel usage should probably be examined too, it eats a lot more than the main high damage click for a weaker move
(06-26-2021, 09:12 AM)Technature Wrote: Why?  You're burning someone with super hot fire bright enough to potentially blind a man, why wouldn't it hurt more than a baseball bat?

stupidly easy to get, does 15 fucking damage a hit, more than a spear made out of mauxite. cmon dude, welders need a nerf
Welders have 20 fuel right? Just make each attack at 15 damage take 1 fuel and then after the fuel is run out make it the same as I dunno crowbar? Its just a chunk of metal then.
Welders don't have the range spears do and have limited fuel.

The limited fuel doesn't mean shit for fighting though, as mbc does, so making that matter is a better idea than making it completely worthless.

Also I feel it shouldn't do as much as a crowbar once out of fuel, as it doesn't have the inertia a long object does.
Given that you can carry 400 units of welding fuel in your pocket and refueling is a single click I'm not sure "limited fuel" is quite the drawback people are making it out to be.
I do disagree with this change. If you ask me, the welder has it's place as a high-damage, low stamina weapon.
Id like to point something out that a lot of people on forums are forgetting, welder deals basically no stam. For comparision of another common item, fire extingushers deal ~43 stam with 10 damage. That is about a third of the stam of a stun baton. Baaeball bat is better then welder because of its high stam damage (literally 1 less then fire extingusher. Turns out, being able to keep people on the ground once you begin wacking them is strong! Reducing it to 10 would make welder useless for combat, objectively worse then weapons like the fire extingusher, unlike its place now. Welder has its place as high damage low stam damage in the combat meta, idk why this placement is an issue.
Yes but 3-4 hits with a welder will put you into limp mode anyway where running is basically no longer an option
The low welder stamina damage already makes it less good on its own. Feels like an unneeded nerf.