Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stun Resist
Ok this is another idea in my onslaught of random idea threads, on TG codebase and some others there is armor with stun resist(Sec armor has mild stun resist(I might be misremembering this), traitor can buy armor with a good bit of stun resist and nukies start with good stun resist armor) I think adding stun resist and other aspects like that to armor could make combat more nuanced and interesting instead of just.... Click twice to win a fight. Ideas are welcome to my next half baked idea thread.

(According to Dim one of the disorient effects actually does help prevent stuns, this could be used more and help solve the issue but I'm unsure how it'd have to be adjusted to do it without making it broken.)

While the effect is already on some types of armor I think making it more obtainable for people who actually would need and use it, I.E traitors and nukies would be nice, also giving security an higher stun resist lower armor option could be interesting.

(This is mainly meant to be like a how stuns work discussion I suppose since stun resist doesn't need to be the solution I just think there should be other ways to defend stuns other than meth and SMES as that just gets quite boring.)
off the top of my head these are the current items that provide disorient resist to the body type stuns:
security barrier, riot armor, EOD suit, firesuit, radsuit, makeshift cyborg chest armor, syndicate knight armor, and magboots
it's a small list, I think they're all items that do some amount of move slow. I think this works well, or you could have armor with other specializations (it *only* provides disorient resist, or it needs to be charged, etc)

and to clarify what disorient does, it reduces both the incoming stamina damage from stun weapons and the duration of the 'slow' effect you get when hit with a stun weapon ( so you can take more hits from something like a taser or a baton before getting stunned )
"stun resist" is actually a different stat that already exists in game, which is provided by chems and does a percentage reduction on all incoming stun timers.
you can use the "STAT" hover panel on the UI to see these values ingame and measure their stacking and stuff