Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SIMPLE DONATIONS
Ok today I hear LLJK#2 is offline because of lack of donations. Pretty much lag murdered by movement enviroment etc on LLJK#1. I search here and on the wiki for a donation link find none. The only evidence of how to do donations is n the game itself I have to contact someone called Ric on IRC to make donations. Would it not be simpler to have a simple anonymous paypal donations link on this site someplace? That perhaps takes a semi prominent position on the site and startup game window.

Instead I will have to find and install an irc client. Contact Ric. Then make a donation somethow. Its a great deal more effort than I am used to with regard to donating.
I would also like to donate, preferably with some chip-in style mechanism that can be linked either on the wiki, forums, or both. Preferably without paypal, but if paypal is the best option then I will contribute that way.

Not having an easy to use donation tool/service kind of leaves the impression (at least to new and infrequent players) that donations are not customary or important.
I had flattr in mind as a good option (not a typical donation service, but a sort of donation network), and there are a few other interesting options listed here: http://sourceforge.net/blog/allowing-yo ... -to-paypal . INGDirect's Person2Person service and Amex's "Serve" service may also be good options.
You do know that you can donate to the servers by clicking on the rainbow link when you join a LLJK server... right?
Lavastage Wrote:You do know that you can donate to the servers by clicking on the rainbow link when you join a LLJK server... right?

You mean the one that says "Enjoy the server? Got spare cash? Chip in for server costs! Contact Rick on IRC."? That's not a hyperlink, that's just text. Maybe it used to be a link, but it's not anymore.