Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Vampire issues
Smile 
Right now, vampires are essentially a worse ling. They die to an welding tank with holy water practically instantly, all their abilities make a ton of sound and humans don’t even die when they have literally no blood. I think some ideas for this would be nerf holy water, add stakes for the chaplain(possibly also build able with mech comp) remove their drinking sound or change it and make it so humans actually… die without blood as well as make it so they actually die faster from vampires, even if I strangle someone outside when they have no internal and I’m drinking their blood it takes like 2 minutes to kill them. Other ideas are welcome as I likely forgot some since this was from a discord conversation.
Maybe my memory is mistaken, but I think vampire's drain used to kill the instant they ran out of blood. I'm not sure if it was changed or broke but I thought that worked much better. Once they're out of blood, they don't really have anything to offer you and can't really fight back if you want to loot them or something. I only want to kill them so they can be zombified and keep playing, and it takes a while to beat them to death as you mentioned.
[isv]
In my opinion holy water should ONLY be craftable by the chaplain.
(06-25-2021, 09:21 AM)MetricDuck Wrote: Holy water from the chaplain or garlic as a thematic thing is cool but it is pretty lame that chemists can mass produce it with some wine from the bar or the diner. Wouldn’t be against removing the chem recipe tbh.

Or maybe instead of removing it add a ritual component to it like that one secret chem. Possible conditions: only mixable in the chapel, needs to be in a goblet/cup, can’t be mixed by someone with a criminal record, must be in range of at least 3 lit candles which are extinguished forever on mix, must be wearing cleric robes, must be holding a bible and so on.

Borgs mass producing holy water at bar and instantly murdering with 3 beakers.
I think either it only being creatable in the chapel or by the chaplain would be the best way to go.

Preferably the latter, since borgs can still just bring the ingredients to the chapel and mass produce there.
Yeah the real problem is chem borgs just smoking holy water everywhere when they know theres a vamp. Kinda power gamey but thats always been a problem with chemborgs.
I feel now is a good time to bring back my old suggestion that if you try to smoke or foam holy water it turns into normal water because god hates chemnerds.
On the holy water issue, I think Holy Water needs to be hit with the same change that Styptic powder got hit with. Splashing more than 10u of Holy Water on the vampire only does the 10u splash of them chem on them. This stops either borgs with 3 beakers of the stuff from instantly deleting a vampire, or someone with a fuel can splashing the whole 400u on them and instantly deleting them.

The counter to this is, is that now the vampires one weakness is severely weakened, so we kinda need a new weakness. Right now Werewolves have many weaknesses. Aconite can be placed on the floor and a werewolf can't walk past it, aconite striking a wolf does tox damage, and maybe some disorient? And a werewolf shot by a silver bullet takes the normal foreign objects issue, but also takes tox and burn damage over time, maybe something like this could work out for vampires.

Vampires cannot cross a puddle of holy water? Or maybe if the bible is laid on the ground the vampire cannot walk over it? Maybe you can make a wreath of garlic and place it over a doorway, now the vampire can't batform through said doorway, finally... FINALLY A WAY TO LOCK A VAMPIRE IN THE BRIG!

Somehow putting wooden stakes in the game in some fashion to disable a vampire for awhile would be nice too. Maybe if you stake a vampire it KO's them and disables stun cancel. But... making staking a vampire instant would be ass, and its impossible to get a vampire to sit still with stun cancel so you can't make staking the vampire an action bar, its an issue, and this is a discussion thread, so any ideas on this would be nice.
(06-25-2021, 12:11 PM)RGBDeadSilent Wrote: On the holy water issue, I think Holy Water needs to be hit with the same change that Styptic powder got hit with. Splashing more than 10u of Holy Water on the vampire only does the 10u splash of them chem on them. This stops either borgs with 3 beakers of the stuff from instantly deleting a vampire, or someone with a fuel can splashing the whole 400u on them and instantly deleting them.

The counter to this is, is that now the vampires one weakness is severely weakened, so we kinda need a new weakness. Right now Werewolves have many weaknesses. Aconite can be placed on the floor and a werewolf can't walk past it, aconite striking a wolf does tox damage, and maybe some disorient? And a werewolf shot by a silver bullet takes the normal foreign objects issue, but also takes tox and burn damage over time, maybe something like this could work out for vampires.

Vampires cannot cross a puddle of holy water? Or maybe if the bible is laid on the ground the vampire cannot walk over it? Maybe you can make a wreath of garlic and place it over a doorway, now the vampire can't batform through said doorway, finally... FINALLY A WAY TO LOCK A VAMPIRE IN THE BRIG!

Somehow putting wooden stakes in the game in some fashion to disable a vampire for awhile would be nice too. Maybe if you stake a vampire it KO's them and disables stun cancel. But... making staking a vampire instant would be ass, and its impossible to get a vampire to sit still with stun cancel so you can't make staking the vampire an action bar, its an issue, and this is a discussion thread, so any ideas on this would be nice.

how about you cant just click on them with it, you have to yeet it at them from some amount of distance, that should make it a challenge but not impossible
Overall, I'm with everyone on vampires being less vulnerable to Holy water.
I've seen too much where someone lands a shot on a vampire with a glass full of holy water and he's just...gonna limp down the hall and die.

Silver bullets having an effect on vampires sounds fun. The text when you make them reads something like "Beware creatures of the night!"
So I would've assumed it worked on them already, though to a lesser extent.
Stakes sound fun. Not sure how that'd work out but it sounds fun.

Moreover, YES, the sounds of vampire I feel are too loud for now.
As an HoS I was in Robotics when I heard a Vampire sucking someone dry from the Janitor's closet nearby.
Three rooms away, I heard this and of course went in and lethal'd him. (This was his third offense and he'd killed many times already)

Honestly I don't think I should be able to hear from that distance. They should be able to kill and zombify quieter.
Maybe as they get more powerful (Through larger amounts of blood) they can become louder. Possibly even. suck people dry faster(?).