HoS Application
Usual character name: Storm Trashwitch
BYOND username: Trash_Witch
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Storm#0257
Recommended by (if applicable): Slazzy
Goon servers you play: Goon 3: Morty and sometimes Goon 4: Sylvester

Reason for application: A HoS is someone that brings the security team together, guiding them and helping direct things amidst the chaos of a round. All too often, I find myself wishing there was one around when I play security, however most rounds go by without one ever joining. I want to be someone who can fill that role and help facilitate fun RP, for both sides of the law.

Security experience (300 word minimum): I’ve only been playing since March, and after experimenting around with roles I immediately found myself drawn into sec work. I skipped past Sec Assistant to try out being an officer, and quickly fell in love. Walking the beat was a great way to get myself more familiar with the stations, not to mention get to meet the fine folks I serve and protect. And while I’m not too keen on paperwork, I enjoyed (and still enjoy) doing desk duty simply because I never knew who was gonna come up to me, or what they might need. That part alone is one of the biggest reasons I love sec: You get to RP with pretty much everyone! In particular, facing off against antags is always a blast, I’ve seen so many creative gimmicks and evil schemes that it’s hard to keep track.
Typically, my playstyle is a bit more reserved in terms of ‘go out and catch the baddies’. If we have no one on the front desk, I’ll usually take over. I view the front-desk as the first line of defence for Sec HQ, not to mention the primary spot for people to air their issues and seek out help. It’s important for sec to have a ‘face’, and I always try to be upbeat and considerate of those I listen to, no matter how ludicrous their story or requests may be. Elsewise, I’ll take breaks from my desk to patrol around and visit the different departments, looking out for crime but also people to RP with. The whole time, I’m keeping an eye on the radio chatter, looking for people screaming ‘help’ or trying to report crimes. I’ve been trying to improve my communication lately, and make sure I let other officers know when I’m responding to a call or what I’m up to. 
As far as dealing with antags, my approach is always to let them talk first, try to reason with them and learn more about what they’re doing, before finally trying to bring them in. I wouldn’t call myself ‘light’ on crime, but I always try to give the antag leeway to have some fun and get some good interactions in.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
Close the doors behind you! It’s all too easy to forget about them as you’re rushing through, leaving a nice, welcoming path for any staffie or clown looking to steal your donuts! Physical security is key. Second, spend your utility credits! If you’re not sure what to get, Robust Donuts or a medkit are always worthwhile. And if you’re really, truly not gonna use them, let others know so you can get them extra gear!
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
The main difference is usually how stressed I am. While I know a lone sec-off can’t stop all the crime, I still find it hard to shake the mindset of trying to help everyone I can or stop and listen to everyone. With a full sec team, I know that I have backup for any situation, and that (ideally) most everyone who needs us is being taken care of by myself or another officer.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
Sweet, humble baby
Watch you grow from a small egg
Buzz brings joy to all
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
I would love to have a security cookout for the public. Emphasize on the ‘serve’ aspect of our job. Get some shitty grills set up, run a little bar and treat people to some good food and drink. It’d be a nice little community area, for people to come feel safe while they satisfy themselves. Surely no antag would crash the party, that’d be dastardly!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):  No bans!
Storm has an excellent outlook on Security, being fair and competent, while also keeping it fun and relaxed. Great mentality and communication, always the first to greet new members of Security late joining. All around good community member both in and out of game and works to help teach and mentor other members of Security.

Call up the haberdasher and get the beret made!

+1
Yes. Storm is kind, and an excellent player and officer. They balance their ability to be decisive with fairness, and are a perfect role model for both new officer and veterans alike. For sure +1
I've had the chance to work with Storm on many security and medical shifts and can tell you they are always a fun person to interact with. Good at communicating, not just with other security members but with the station as a whole. Very Robust and kind to me when I'm antag.
Yes, +1 for me too.
Storm is a great officer, always reliable and one of the coolest heads in security. I think they would fit well in the role
Gonna be a +1 for sure, and I'd like to provide a tangible example for why I believe you would make a good HoS.

A while back, I was a Spy doing Spy things, and I was about to come to the peak of my RP where I finally confronted Sec about the rigged to explode Erebite payloads I had around the station (which was a bluff), and was threatening to set them off if my demands weren't met.

I broke into the Bridge and gave Sec a phone call, to which you answered. We RP'd for a bit, but as we were doing, the rest of Sec burst into the Bridge all at once, tasers drawn. I shouted for them to stay back to try and prompt more RP but they didn't care and just stun cuffed me to the ground wordlessly.

At the time you were one of three officers, the other two being the HoS and NTSO, that actually cared to engage in this RP instead of just going for the valid arrest like the others, and wished you got to speak with me more. That's the kind of mindset that makes good RP HoSs.

In general, you're an officer that always communicates and is always happy to assist others. You greet people when they come to the desk with a smile, and are generally what you said, a really friendly face for Security.

At one point I believe you did arrest me while I was SSD, which wasn't the greatest. But that's really the only "negative" experience I can think of, but even then it wasn't that bad.

Like I said, this is a definite +1
+1 i have worked with and seen storm as sec a lot of times now and they are always great! they communicate well as sec and are great to work with, they handle antags well and don't treat them harshly and are always someone you can trust to help you out when you are a sec officer or any crew member, they are friendly and nice to talk to as well!

overall i think they would make a good Hos, they are friendly to be around and great to talk to in a quiet shift and are always someone you can rely on to deal with crimelords or helping crew members out with issues +1 best storm hos!
+1

You've quickly become a mainstay and one of my favorite people to see on security. I've eased off maining sec recently as I can rarely stay for full shifts at the moment, so I don't have a TON of experience working side by side with you. But as a civilian interacting with security, I'm always glad when I see you're on staff. You are always great to engage with whether I'm on the right or wrong side of the law. I've also noticed as someone who recently started a new character and has played a bit of random name lately you treat newbies/unknowns with the same amount of respect as you do regulars, which is extremely important IMO for a HoS.
Storm is amazing, im always relieved when they part of the team. They are an amazing roleplayer that you can count on being fair and letting thing escalate. I trust them on being cool with things in game and they seem pretty aware of the station and goon's rules. We've been through some stuff already (as we often find ourselves working together), and she always manage it all really well, knowing when solve stuff in game and when to report to admins. Either way, they keep their posture and don't break out of character. +1
I remember storm from when they used to play on main back when I was new. I dont remember too much but they definetly left a good impression at the time. +1
Have seen some very fun security play from you, +1 from me
Convinced me to actually join the forum to make a post about Storm. Any time I am in a round with them, I know that I can trust any problem I bring up on the non-sec side to be addressed in a timely manner. They communicate well, deescalate the majority of situations, remove arrest tags promptly, and give the crew leeway to have fun and not be a total party pooper. When I play as sec, I can count on them to be prompt in responding to a crisis either as a dispatcher, or first responder, and have never seen them draw a weapon without just cause even to the point where even the most cool headed sec would have done so.

Honestly on my short list of Sec players I know I can trust to do the right thing no matter the situation, and they would make an excellent HOS imo.