Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Frog juice secret chem 2 strong?!
OK ok, so this is probably a kneejerk thread, i mean it is, but like, four times in recent history, have i been murdering people, then i just.. turn into a frog. Its a secret funny chem, yea, so most people dont know how to make it, I dont even know how to make it, but I assume, that its not that difficult. Now, its not the only chem that can stop you in your tracks, but its basically a chemical version of the hated Polymorph wizard spell. Dying is loads better then turning into a frog. If your dead its like, yea, i had a good run, but as a frog? you just have to live with it. AND its alot easier to clone a body then it is.. a frog. It inflicts a disease, yea, but it takes less then a minute to turn into a frog, sometimes with no side effects. I dont know if ive just gotten very bad RNG, but like, one chem shouldnt be round ending. Even other round ending things are called "hellmixes" or something, because its a creative mix! I just dont think funny frog chem should be so strong.

Does anyone else have thoughts? im just curious because ive gotten owned by this quite a few times.
ironic avatar
I should also add, round that just ended, https://goonhub.com/rounds/110626, look at the antag list. Someone was turning revs into frogs? Idk, just suddenly going frog mode while having fun is super.. just uncool
(06-23-2021, 08:20 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: ironic avatar

[Image: ironic.jpg]
As somebody who does know the recipe of sheltest the ingredients are extremely easy to come by for how powerful an effect it has. I suggest adding a new chem to the recipe that needs a little bit of mixing to obtain.
I have never been turned Into a frog before but I think we could make it into a status effect maybe? polymorphs sucks a lot, I don't want to be permanently turned into a frog by a chem nerd.
getting frogified is pretty rough. You lose your headset meaning you gotta use a bounced radio, and since you can't hold it to talk into it directly you need to turn the microphone on. Means whatever anyone else in earshot says is also transmitted, or duplicated if they're talking on the radio to begin with. If you don't feel like potentially annoying the entire rest of the server, you simply lose access to comms for the entire rest of the round.
Sheltestgrog should work like normal sheltergrog and only keep you a frog as long as it's in your bloodstream.

Since polymorph also got brought up, I think that the normal version should remain the same but it should be temporary when cast without a staff, since right now the only downside to casting polymorph staffless is a longer cooldown(every spell that only has a longer cooldown when cast staffless should be changed imo)
Maybe add a bit more symptoms or delay a bit how long it takes for you to turn? Because curing it is really easy, you just have to drink some coffee, or beat yourself to near crit if I remember.
why the fuck is it permanent
(06-24-2021, 09:13 PM)Souricelle Wrote: why the fuck is it permanent

Why is anything permanent?

[Image: 3yjRoXW.png]
Do frogged monkey's just sit there and do nothing still?
(06-24-2021, 09:13 PM)poSouricelle Wrote: why the fuck is it permanent

For the same reason Feather Fluid and Mewtini are permanent, the chems are designed for people who want to run around as critters for the rest of the shift, and to give an antag chemnerd another more memey to do with sleepy pens that isn't pure murder.

(06-24-2021, 09:05 PM)Maegor Wrote: Maybe add a bit more symptoms or delay a bit how long it takes for you to turn? Because curing it is really easy, you just have to drink some coffee, or beat yourself to near crit if I remember.

I haven't used Flog Flu much so I don't remember either but near crit seems maybe a little excessive. We could look at making punching a better cure. But your suggestions are good as well. Any of these options would be a fair adjustment for Sheltest given that it's easier to make than Mewtini and Feather Fluid.
Pretty sure Frog Flu also progresses faster than Avian Flu and whatever the cat one is.  I've turned in under a minute.
Just checked, Flog Flu advances at 3x the odds compared to Avian Flu/going catty (15% per tick vs 5%). I don't really see a reason to keep it that way