Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Monthly Competition Ideas
[isw]
i'm evil and just interested in trying to get people to do my work for me, but something i used to participate in was a wiki contest for another community. a possible way to adapt that would be to angle for very quality pages and have a wiki contest that was centered around participants claiming a page and then working very hard to clean it up or write new pages for content that hasn't been documented yet. this is awfully involved and would take a lot of ppl willing to read, but where i was, integrating wiki stuff like that was also a very effective way to get quality contributions out of knowledgable people.

the bond one-liner one is genius though, i'd hope it'd encourage people to continue trying to be totally goofy when interacting with other players as antags!

some other thoughts:
- custom shuttle contest. this could never end badly i promise just trust me it'll be great
- an old one not from me but instead from the Esteemed DimWhat, but in-universe news articles contest. some stolen headline samples:
"HEISENBEE TO PAY RECORD SETTLEMENT AFTER CONTENTIOUS COURT BATTLE" (by TheAngryPun)
"HEMERA GOES BROKE" and "NANOTRASEN COLONIZES ABSU" (by DimWhat)
(06-23-2021, 06:21 AM)MetricDuck Wrote: Some ideas to start off:
> Best screenshot of bond one liner taken in-game prior/after killing someone (imagine a month where every antag tried to spout something "witty" immediately before or after killing someone).

(Victim in electric chair about to go off)

Jim Reaper says "I'm going to hit you where it gigahertz."
How about a tech nerd one?

Show off your nerdiest creations with MechComp, packet science, DWAINE, and all that good stuff (preferably videos or pictures w/ documentation to demonstrate how they work)
Monthly contest: come up with the next monthly contest
(06-23-2021, 11:56 AM)Mouse Wrote: Monthly contest: come up with the next monthly contest

Honestly? That is genuinely not a terrible idea whatsoever. Whenever contest ideas are running low, just have a Idea Contest to resolve the issue. I'd genuinely be happy if this were next month's contest.