HoS Application - Raymondh (Elijah Ulery)
Usual character name: Elijah Sean Ulery
BYOND username: Raymondh
Discord username (if you are on our discord):  I'd prefer not to post it in publics forums, it is however linked to my ckey.
Recommended by (if applicable): Cal
Goon servers you play: Morty, Sillyvester

Reason for application:

I want to help security have the tools they need to maintain the balance of RP server rounds between the antags and the rest of the crew. The antags might have a lot of pull on the story of a rounds but they are not the only story.

Also, I really like the jacket and want to wear it more often.

Security experience (300 word minimum):

From Cogmap1 to Donut 3 one of Nanotrasen's many Very Finest Security Officers Elijah Ulery thinks he has seen it all, but boy is he wrong. From rogue AIs, rouge AIs, hotboxing botanists, vampires, and strange Dungeons and Dragons sessions. You would think there was not much more for this officer to experience, but he was wrong, DEAD wrong.

This generally coolheaded officer who rarely pulls out his taser or stun baton was about to meet one of his worst nightmares, the rampaging crew member. He had read stories about these in Security Monthly but never thought he would see one. How should he deal with this situation? He has no backup nearby and the securitrons on the opposite side of the station. Elijah has to make up his mind quickly, he goes into his security pouch and pulls out his trust whistle and places it in his mouth and yells ‘HALT’ and starts blowing and pointing on the perp. The perp gives chase starting in the bar. Elijah runs after them slowly catching up with the help of his trusty Robust Coffee, available at your local coffee vending machine for thirty space credits, he notices the perp is not wearing any eyewear. So quick as a bolt of lightning he pulls out his trusty standard issue flash module and gets ready to stun this runner.  The chase approaching to the close Elijah gets his ziptie cuffs ready to apprehend this criminal. A smooth arrest if there was ever one. Elijah takes the criminal to the officer and gives them a stern talking to before being uncuffed and released. Elijah sighs as it only five minutes into shift and goes back on patrol.

I started this section just wanting one hundred words for a short story, but I really got into it. But this sums up a lot of my experiences. I really do not like drawing my baton or taser on people unless I must. I by far prefer words when taking a target in. I do my best as a security officer to balance the fun of the antags and the fun of the rest of the crew so hopefully everyone can have a good time.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
The biggest thing I would suggest to security players is to not forget about your whistle. It is a great tool to use when you want to get someone's attention along with pointing. Also, RP teach Security Assistants, it is a lot of fun and a cool way to spend down time.

[*]What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?

While controversial I would like to see security assistant round requirement before you can play security officer. All too often I have to remind security officers to set a timer on the brig or not to brig someone for stealing a cookie.

[*]Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.

As a solo officer I find myself dismissing a lot of smaller crimes, petty theft and so on. When in a team I take the time to ticket those crimes or give backup to a potentially dangerous situation.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
[*]What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?

I have wanted to run a security officer training day for a while. Teach subjects IC like de-escalation, non-lethal weapon use, know what is in your armory, a guide to forensics, and so on. I think it could be a fun way to spend an extended round on RP all while being educational!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None that I know of.
While I have been on hiatus for a few weeks now, Elijah is a common sight on the team, and a pleasing sight on the team. He knows how to de-escalate, work well with crew, and not crush a person's round. I'm glad you've applied, and likewise I will be leaving a huge +1.
Elijah is great. A fantastic officer that keeps a level head, I have seen them keep their cool in stressful rounds, and they have turned a blind eye to me doing things to let me setup things as an antagonist, which is a quality I love to see in HoS applicants. Stellar person, very kind. They'd fit right into the boots.
Good at communicating and is normally the first person to respond me me over the security radio. Very attentive to the round and doesn't go to hard on antags having fun.
Elijah is a good officer, always on comms and trustworthy. I would trust them to be a good HoS +1
Elijah is a good one for definite. Always present on the radio and willing to communicate, and is constantly advocating for RP with the Antags in order to create or assist in the round narratives, rather than entirely stopping them in their tracks.

I can't recall any negative experiences I've had with you, both while being the HoS, and while being an Antag. You're an officer I can fully trust to make the right decisions and be a role model for Security.

+1
ive had lots of shifts with Elijah now, and overall i think they would a good hos, they know how to handle things a in a good way to keep it fun for antags and crew, they communicate well on coms, they are nice and friendly to antags and crew, and they are good under the pressure of stressful shifts, they are always someone you can turst to help out as sec and i think they would make a good hos! +1
I've had a couple of shifts with Elijah, both as sec and non-sec, and I was very impressed with how level-headed they were with decision-making and planning on the fly, both traits I associate with a good HoS. I've never had any negative experiences with them in security, and am honestly always glad to see them on the team, and I know they have my back if I'm in Sec with them!
I've had a fair couple shifts with Elijah and do not recall a single bad experience with them. They are patient, willing to go along with the antagonist's gimmicks and often take the time to communicate on the radio so that everyone can be kept up to date on what's going on. They are an officer i can trust to not go too hard on antags who aren't going on a murderous rampage and they seem to understand well that security is about keeping the flow of the game going.

+1
Elijah is really nice, i get really comfortable with them in the sec team, because i know they will handle things well, let stuff escalate and be responsive at comms. +1