Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Food Dye Machine (Icing Tube Rework)
I've been making donuts lately when I'm bored and I've noticed it's something of a grind to decorate all of your donuts. A full icing tube is only good for three donuts and it's hard to get a really good color when the only thing you can use is reagents. You end up doing a lot of refills and do-overs trying to just make decent looking donuts that don't also hurt the person eating them. It's a very time consuming process!

What if we had a food dye machine that worked like the paint machine? You use a color wheel and it gives you an icing tube of that color with infinite uses. Instead of the icing tube using 15u of X reagent per donut, it uses no reagents and it's purely cosmetic. People who want to fill donuts with murder chems can still inject 20u inside of them and do their thing.

If removing the 15u icing is too much of a nerf for murderous bakers, what if the food dye machine just vended colored sugar or something? Makes decorating much easier/less lethal and you can still let people frost their donuts with phlog sprinkles or whatever.
yes i like this idea
give traitor chefs the option to buy an icing tube that works like the ones suggested, but is poisonous
Dissolve crayons into beakers to give the beaver's reagents the crayon's color
(06-19-2021, 02:04 PM)THISISANICEGAME Wrote: Dissolve crayons into beakers to give the beaver's reagents the crayon's color

That would probably be the most elegant solution as it wouldnt require adding a new machine or new chem, only question is if its programable
(06-19-2021, 02:04 PM)THISISANICEGAME Wrote: Dissolve crayons into beakers to give the beaver's reagents the crayon's color

Obviously raising the beavers to get the correct color ratio is the rancher's job. Good interdepartmental cooperation opportunity.
bumping this because i didnt want to lose it, but i'll take a look at implementing some of this. no promise on eta but i think this would be a fun system.

because icing is universal to cakes and donuts both, this would also affect the way cake frosting works. cakes can be frosted to add up to 25 units of a reagent/frost to it, and have a ridiculously high cap of 300. the difference here is you could also potentially bake whatever good (or bad) things you wanted into the cake batter itself; so if the qol of having a pickable frosting color is more significant than the easy application of the 25 reagents to fill that pool that you then have to add in through other means (spliced fruit, tedious injections), i think i could do this with relative ease.

the only other consideration is that this seems like it'd probably be a full-tile machine. most kitchens/bars are pretty pressed for space regardless of if the addition is a table-top or freestanding one, so it might take me some time to sort all that out too (and potentially make a little extra space for a few other tabletop machines).

i was hoping to do some fun stuff with baked goods display cases anyways; more customizability for food like this would be really good and add fun mechanics to chef.

edit: actually dont listen to me im silly, you can inject a cake.