Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 1.89 Average
Retire manta from map rotation
Manta is just a map with a bad history and massive issues that nobody wants to fix. Terrible maint, antagonist is almost impossible to play stealthy, weird mechanics, etc. It’s time we retired it from map rotation.
I agree, manta is bad, the only good things about it are it's unique features, the good unique features can just be ported to other maps.
Can you give more reasons? I think Manta is really neat. Sure maybe its bad for stealthy antags but its one map of many. If you get antag on Manta maybe try something else than stealth.
Manta is one of my favorite maps from the theme alone. I would be upset if it wasn't an option anymore.

Plus how else am I going to murder by shooting people out of a torpedo?
I'm not onboard with fully ditching Manta, it has great potential and a neat atmosphere. I think with a few dedicated mappers it could get fixed up and be much better!
The history sucks, but it's the perfect size for lowpop. It's JUST big enough but concentrated in the bar area.

If a replacement were made, it should be of similar size.
Goonstation itself also has a pretty bad history, dont think anyone would wanna remove... ourselves? itself? us? it? IDK what tense to use

Manta actually has some really good stealth spots IMO, like crew quarters, sauna, whole mining turtle, no one looks there. "Wierd mechanics" sounds pretty vague.
Manta is good.
Manta seems fine with a mid pop.
I have no idea what the bad history of Manta is so I can't comment on that aspect.

I agree it's maint isn't the best, but it seems like correcting that rather than removing the map entirely seems the best option? I do like a lot of Manta's features but I can see it being one of the weaker maps, for sure. Maybe give it a rehaul?
Manta was made by a transphobic asshole according to one of the admins i believe, there are also more problems, such as manta not being designed for having a singularity (it was supposed to have a nuclear engine), how much camera coverage and light is in maint, how EVERY WINDOW is electrified. the general uselessness of torpedo's in most circumstances. (there was supposed to be an event in which they were to be used or bad stuff happened but it was never implemented) and there was an entire lore thing with the vault that was discarded (because they left and asked we purged their work on the reliquary) and no one wants to touch, that and most of the admins don't really like manta's millitary theming
Manta is unfinished and never will be finished.
I actually really like manta on the rp server because it's very heavily flavored.

I think it's a good concept that could benefit from a remake.
Manta's creator is gone, his name is purged and isn't credited in any way, there is no need to keep bringing him up. His views aren't reflected in the map, and that should be the end of it.

Manta just needs a minor rework, to remove all the useless Vault references. Its one of the best RP maps, and great for med low pop.
Personally, I just find manta incredibly boring to play on. Asthetically its pretty, but its nothing special. Even on an overplayed map like cog1 I still find minor new details, but manta? Manta is just bland, the mapping choices have nothing unique about them. Plenty of other maps visually tell things very well, look at how horizon potrays a station that nanotrasen shoddily put together out of what they got, look at how cog1 potrays a station with minimal safety oversight, with fuel tanks below lights and tables outside of chutes. What does manta potray?