Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Remove loafer blueprint from donut 3
The loafer historicaly had a use in helping with the singularity which it doesn’t anymore. The current loafer blueprint is often just used to build a haha funny loaf machine in the middle of the hall leading to accidental murders. Not to mention when used correctly by an antagonist the loafer can depopulate stations. It had its place in older times but not anymore and should remain traitor only.
Disagree.
(06-17-2021, 05:26 PM)GORE Wrote: Disagree.

Please explain why instead of a simple “no”
(06-17-2021, 06:39 PM)unfunnyperson Wrote:

I mean, you could just assume that gore means "I disagree with the entirety of this suggestion from its base premise and I don't think your points are strong enough to bother disrupting the status quo."

That's generally what just a flat "disagree" means.
What is the difference between me building a flusher in a corridor with a button to activate it that takes you to the singularity and me doing the same but it takes you to a loafer? With correct labeling both of those things aren't grief, incorrect labeling can be ahelped, if an antagonist uses those to disposed of bodies or kill people that is just smart antag play imo, nothing wrong with that.
Is every funny thing in the game going to be removed now?

Can't we leave something?
(06-17-2021, 09:09 AM)unfunnyperson Wrote: ...haha funny ...leading to accidental murders...had its place in older times but not anymore...

I'm not sure we've been playing the same game.
the loafer is still on donut 3, removing the blueprint will just mean the mechanics will relocate next to security. If we left the blueprint, then at least the mechanics have a chance to set up somewhere away from the station rather than being restricted to setting up near security and in range of a main hallway. It would be easy enough to just set up shop in the off station pool, or the asylum, or even better, somewhere in debris.
(06-17-2021, 06:55 PM)Camryn Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 06:39 PM)unfunnyperson Wrote:

I mean, you could just assume that gore means "I disagree with the entirety of this suggestion from its base premise and I don't think your points are strong enough to bother disrupting the status quo."

That's generally what just a flat "disagree" means.

With you I agree 100% . smile

- - -

Also - if that other person desires an explanation - simply stripping a neat feature because it might not be entirely necessary for engineering or could be used by traitors - for which it was also intended from day one onwards...well - I disagree.
I also would say I disagree with the loafer being removed from donut 3, I see it every so often and its not typically catastrophic its just a fun extra thing thats around.
Personally I don't see an issue with it. It's murder potential is about as bad as a crusher, and loafs themselves are hard to kill with due to their throw distance. It's already rather hard to loaf as other maps either don't have loafers at all or have loafers in spots that require a lot of reconstruction to utilize effectively.

Thought about maybe making the loafer blueprint a mechanic traitor item, but honestly I don't think it would be of any use especially in it's current state. You'd be better off making a crusher teleporter or buying an actual rampage weapon than setting up a loafer teleporter or making a powerful loaf. Plus it's very loud, so sec would probably hear what you're up to before your loaf gets even a little strong.
speaking of loafer blueprints. why doesnt manta have a loafer blueprint anymore? it has a singularity and dont higher quality loafs result in more singularity power/growth/whatever
honestly ive died to random loafers in the hallways on donut3 more times then i can count. Its both a "classic" of the map and really fucking stupid. I dont care either way.
I personally love loafers. I mean, if a loafer is going around, it takes quite a bit to get it up and running efficiently, and I personally love setting it up even when im not an antag mechanic. The key thing to do when you aren't antag is to make it so all things taken from disposals get ejected from a different pipe and then must be taken to the loafer manually, preventing deaths. For even more security, make the loafer and loafer injection system ID-locked
(06-18-2021, 01:01 PM)Rilor Wrote: speaking of loafer blueprints. why doesnt manta have a loafer blueprint anymore? it has a singularity and dont higher quality loafs result in more singularity power/growth/whatever

All items count the same for singularity growth. However one item used to make 3 nuggets if the loafer was set to nugget mode. This meant that loafers were a way to get three times your buck for power output, said behavior no longer exists however.