Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Delay wizards getting on station
[isae]
I dunno. Its kinda classic when a wizard round start ganks the captain in their room. Always funny to me. A good captain will always have their Egun in hand at the start just in case.
oh cool another nerf that's great
STRONK-METER:

Wizards < Changelings

- - -

Seriously, you can easily powergame to your hearts content if you learn how to. If you desire to die less learn from Bruce, Camryn or NOOT.
[isz]
If a wizard can set up their shit in 0 minutes to rush the captain in their room then shit dude. Seems like the cap just got outskilled
* presses captains office on teleport pc and hits magic missle and fireball* outskilled
(06-18-2021, 05:00 AM)MetricDuck Wrote: It’s not getting attacked and dying 2 minutes into the round I’m talking about, it’s getting attacked 0 minutes in whilst you restart because sprites loaded weird / rune text isn’t showing up / inexplicable lag.

Hello yes I'd like to know what server you play on where you don't hide yourself while you're disconnecting and reconnecting and then proceed to expect nothing to happen to you in those 30 seconds.

Grab your spare ID, leave the damn room, and jump into a garbage chute.
(06-18-2021, 11:51 AM)Technature Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 05:00 AM)MetricDuck Wrote: It’s not getting attacked and dying 2 minutes into the round I’m talking about, it’s getting attacked 0 minutes in whilst you restart because sprites loaded weird / rune text isn’t showing up / inexplicable lag.

Hello yes I'd like to know what server you play on where you don't hide yourself while you're disconnecting and reconnecting and then proceed to expect nothing to happen to you in those 30 seconds.

Grab your spare ID, leave the damn room, and jump into a garbage chute.

It's so easy to hide when you can't see anything whatsoever.
Wizards spawn in a small room in a simple area, they have a natural advantage to loading in. It's not skill that sometimes it can take like five minutes to actually see anything
(06-18-2021, 03:59 PM)penny Wrote: Wizards spawn in a small room in a simple area, they have a natural advantage to loading in. It's not skill that sometimes it can take like five minutes to actually see anything

I don't *think* that should affect loading times

But, uh, I don't know how byond loads things
Surely leaving the room is a better plan than standing right where the wizard is going to spawn at the very least?
(06-18-2021, 08:49 PM)Technature Wrote: Surely leaving the room is a better plan than standing right where the wizard is going to spawn at the very least?

if the "not seeing things" glitch that other players are mentioning is the same one I've occasionally experienced, it causes all sprites to disappear except for turf textures (ie the floors) IIRC, including things like walls, lockers and any other sprites. It's probably still possible to navigate in this situation based on context clues, but your game is about to blow up at that point anyways. Typically I experience this in the later half of a round towards or during the shuttle, so I wouldn't be surprised if it could occur near the start of the round if they forget (or simply don't know, or remained connected to get a roundstart job slot) to restart their client between rounds for stability.

Personally never experienced this on roundstart, just offering my understanding of the complaints. Anyone with more personal experience feel free to correct me if I was incorrect.
if anything, the (now former) discrepancy between the human rules for ai laws and the regular anti-grief rules that prevent them from acting on those discrepancies is more confusing than actually leading to interesting situations
(06-18-2021, 09:50 PM)coolvape Wrote: if anything, the (now former) discrepancy between the human rules for ai laws and the regular anti-grief rules that prevent them from acting on  those discrepancies is more confusing than actually leading to interesting situations

wrong thread?