Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Adds the ak-744 as a rare drop from surplus crates
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[INPUT WANTED]

About the PR

This adds the ak-744 as a 9 tc drop from surplus crates.

Why's this needed?
The ak was fun to use but due to its previous method of acquisition was abused. This readds it as a fun weapon for lucky traitors to have.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)CodeDude
(+)Added the AK-744 to surplus crates as a rare drop.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Alright
How much is the old hunting rifle priced at?  The AK-744 is massively better than it.
Hunting rifle is listed for 7
Going to probably pr this again tomorrow when I unfuck my master so feel free to discuss this idea
The ak should probably be a 12, or a 24, so that if you get it, you get nothing else from the crate.
absolutely not. not in a million years. not ever.

(personal opinion)
(06-14-2021, 05:21 PM)Rlocks Wrote: The ak should probably be a 12, or a 24, so that if you get it, you get nothing else from the crate.

I don't have enough familiarity with combat to know how fucked up the ak was, but if it's truly this bad then I don't think it should be added, not out of balance concerns but simply because it wouldn't be engaging. If balance dictates that a traitor absolutely can't get anything but the gun, then that just creates incredibly boring surplus crate setups. The fun, engaging aspect of the surplus crate is getting a bizarre mix of items and having to run with it; getting one single item that is incredibly good for murderous rampaging and nothing else is antithetical to that.
better idea: remove the azone ak and make it an adminspawn only weapon
(06-14-2021, 06:16 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: better idea: remove the azone ak and make it an adminspawn only weapon

Already been replaced with a gyrojet pistol
i know it says closed but no way. never. nope. please dont.
oki nevermind people dont like this idea
The AK is a cool gun, it has cool sprites, just tone it down and add it to the crate, it doesn't need to instantly put someone in crit to be a traitor weapon.
It was kind of insane at the default 40 damage, which made no sense. However with half the damage it's not really better than a Predator/Shotgun. The damage drop off over distance isn't that much different to a shotgun. It does implant a LOT of projectiles though.

Like, against an unarmored target a full seven shots from a Predator revolver with a six tiles gap takes them to -300% health.
With the AK47 dropped to 20 damage with a six tiles gap the full ten bursts takes them to -200%.
But as everyone knows it's pretty hard to land bullets and a sec vest about halves the ranged damage taken.

After testing I don't think it would be unbalanced at 20 damage, getting hit by one burst is the same as being hit by one Predator revolver bullet. The main difference is that it's easier to use, 10 bursts vs the revolvers 7 and shotguns 8 and can cause a significant number of embedded bullets.

Drop damage to 20, add a little bit of spread, cap the refire rate to not be instant and it should be on the same level as the Predator and Shotgun. It might actually be worse because it requires both hands, the Predator has anti-armor ammo and the Shotgun knocksback, damages organs and delimbs up close.
There is a reason the AK isn't a traitor item you can buy. Same reason the Spacker was removed. It was never intended to be bought in the first place.