Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Nerf disarm
Maybe there shouldn't be a knockdown chance, just disarm? Move the knockdown as a special effect of unarmed harm instead?
(06-14-2021, 03:11 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Maybe there shouldn't be a knockdown chance, just disarm? Move the knockdown as a special effect of unarmed harm instead?

But then instead of just pushing someone down to fart on them Id have to beat them up to knock them down.
maybe knockdown should happen if the person you're targeting is unarmed?
I think disarm is fine as-is, tbh.
(06-14-2021, 09:51 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: rng=bad game design
1/3 chance to lose a fight instantly every time someone clicks you on intent 2=very bad game design

Uh what? I really like what you had to say here, https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=16254, but maybe you've changed your position entirely on RNG.

I also meant to post this on your previous thread: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/ebuypwtvpe

Overall I think the current design is fine, though some form of scaling for disarm or additional depth (comparison of implements, stamina, etc) would be cool.
(06-14-2021, 04:06 PM)Rilor Wrote: maybe knockdown should happen if the person you're targeting is unarmed?

Makes sense. Grabs are progressive, so disarms could be as well. Knock item away, then push over.

How does blocking factor into disarm chances? Seems like if you were blocking with something you'd have a lesser chance, yeah?
its fine the way it is imo. irl people get disarmed, and its super badass! if you want to avoid walking corpses shoving you, dont be near people as they die. Its a good habit too, to avoid micros/macros. dont charge people with something strong if you dont want it stolen. use surprise.
The biggest issue with the yellow hand being COMPLETELY rng, is two fold in my opinion.

If you are beating someone to death with a fire extinguisher, and you get disarmed, that's cool as hell. Run away and go get another, they are in like, every damn room of the station. If you beat someone to death with a C-Saber, and that walking corpse smacks it out of your hand and it flies across the room and lands near a staffie, thats your ONLY C-Saber. Its GONE. Either they'll use it to kill you with it, or they'll see it as a piece of gold and stow it in their pocket and run away. You will likely never ever see it again. This is, as i've read, all a 38% chance flat every disarm attempt.

Second part. You are a "Trained" Syndicate agent. At the very least you are trained enough to be able to infiltrate one of Nanotrasens many stations. So i'd hope that you might have at least SOME weapons training. Rushing someone with a knife is a bad idea, because its kinda hard to get it out of their hand untrained, much worse a Sword made of some plasma energy stuff.

If the flat disarm chance was reduced, but the % chance to disarm if you're missing stamina was higher, it would be interesting to see. Even if we DON'T stick with that idea, it would be interesting. Then, you'd actually have folks not sprinting around all the time or spamming their attack. Because attacking can take out a LOT of your stamina. Worse if you're blocking.
Could make it so you can choose to grip something more tightly and take more stam damage or be slowed slightly as well.

By this I mean, you get less chance of being disarmed but at the cost of being slowed or taking a little more stam damage, also making it so some weapons have less disarm chance or adverse effects when disarmed could be interesting.
If you HAVE to nerf disarm wich I don't think you do, make the falling down only happen at a certain stamina level, having your weapon fly out of your hand isn't a big deal most of the time since you can just pick it up, but falling down for 2 seconds (?) And not being able to fight back while you get beaten with your own weapon is an entirely different deal, I guess you could also remove the 2 second stun and that would also make it less bad.
Perhaps give certain gloves, such as fingerless, a decreased chance to be disarmed while equipped, similar to nukie gloves? It would help make other gloves an option instead of insuls as well.