Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
/!\ Swamp sprites needed /!\
Xenonia Wrote:[Image: C9rqCdp.png]

Oops forgot image
Some pointers,
Your using 1 colored pixel for everything. Pure red for eyes, pure green for skin. Mix it up, the sprite for the human face has about 8 different colors in it alone. Consider the following when coloring and shading, using my swamp predator as an example:
[Image: Mn1NeeI.png]
1. What's the texture of the object? Mine is rough/scaly so I put a hue gitter on my brush setting so that the colors shift out everytime I brush. If it's shiny, then I wouldn't use that, and instead would try out white brush with opacity turned down so I get the desired effect. That and using a gradient also is the shit. Concerning yours, yours looks slightly zombish/slimy, so I'd recommend dulling parts of the body, while brightening others.
2.Where's the light coming from? Concerning mine, the hind-legs of my creature is darkened, but also the underbelly. Seen as yours is missing hindlegs, shading the under belly would work, but also brighten other parts.
3.What do I detail? This ones a bit of a tricky one, you'll need some inspiration. My monster took some inspiration from a bulldog, which is why the front stance is like the way it is (it also has a stubby tail), but I also because its swampy i added gills, and if you notice it's maw has green lips that extend back a bit. Because it's eye retracts, I decided to highlight the stem so it looks different from the other flesh. And not all of its teeth are white, they get progressively darker as you move down.

Here's an example of how I shaded the front of yours. I also tweaked with it a bit too. I noticed your dude is quite small.
[Image: yeqbLIp.png]
Thanks, Sundance! I keep getting messed up on size, because I'm always worried it won't be symmetrical enough... I'll revamp it. My only concern is, how do you add shades to areas that are like only a pixel or two big?
Anyway While I'm updating the Swamp Crawler I made a new pal: Sheriff Murphy-318!
[Image: 7aPqSwu.png]

With real .38 firing action!

Over four different phrases!

For some reason he's in this swamp!

Phrases include:
  • This here's my town!
  • Gonna wrangle me a hog!
  • GIT YOU SOME!
  • God made tomorrow for the crooks we ain't hanged today!

And more!
He even has a little revolver.
[Image: Ia8e3gb.png?1]

What would a swamp be without hill-people?
[Image: jPBJFNa.png]

A crudely made stone memorial with a belt laid out in front of it. The words crudely inscribed in the stone read, "In Mem*r* of D*putr*n Al*ha". Huh.
Xenonia Wrote:Anyway While I'm updating the Swamp Crawler I made a new pal: Sheriff Murphy-318!

Phrases include:
  • This here's my town!
  • GIT YOU SOME!

He has to give tours if he is a M named buddy.

Also

This is Murphy: A Law to himself

And more!
And now, more rough drafts:

[Image: 1J2mgNg.png]

Something about this indicates that you're not welcome here.

[Image: NXa9yqF.png]

Is this Murphy's... House?
Hmm my post about murphy went into the quote somehow. (probably my fault.) I like his house.
Something to find in the wreckage:

[Image: 8YpBcMu.png]

[img]An%20outdated%20Assistant%20Suit.%20This%20one%20seems%20to%20have%20been%20outfitted%20with%20some%20armoring.[/img]
Xenonia Wrote:Something to find in the wreckage:

[Image: 8YpBcMu.png]
Sorry, used the image thing instead of italics. An outdated assistant suit. This one seems to have been outfitted with some armoring.
Xenonia Wrote:Anyway While I'm updating the Swamp Crawler I made a new pal: Sheriff Murphy-318!

Phrases include:
  • This here's my town!
  • GIT YOU SOME!

And more!
It would've been better if he was Sheriff Murphy-38 or, in the case he had an actual gun ( v ), Sheriff Murphy-357.

Gun humor.
Sheriff Murphy-38 sounds good.
Somewhat disappointing update:
I've finished the bubbles so that they're topdown, I've done a darker grass, I've tweaked clockworks trees, I've done some aztec looking swamp ruins (more to come), I've completed my swamp creature, I've done some overlays for the shallow swamp (reeds and other shit) and I've started doing some terrifying "yellow cult" mobs. If you wondering where I'm going with all this, check my previous post. The yellow cult, Carcosa; all based around eldritch abominations which already exist ingame. Only this time they are a little more physical. My yellow cult sprites are based around this game, it's a flash game, but it's gorey, and pretty cool in art terms. Check it out: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/542858

The disappointing part: My laptop is down in my countryhouse, it will be wee while before I retrieve it.
Laptop with photoshop acquired. Resuming from where I left off (will post more stuff later today, gotta change them to .psd to .png)

SwampDog
[Image: 4s8zUqO.png]
[Image: xtZfjEW.png]
[Image: lBgzcwC.png]
[Image: 9QrBawi.png]
Sprites be dribblin' faster than an old woman with OAB

Some Carcosa stuff.

Ancient tile (It took me ages to get it right, goddamn)
[Image: xABnd3u.png]
Ancient Wall
[Image: yVyacgs.png]

.. And a creepy looking fountain. It's WIP, expect it to be flowing.
[Image: uLsWVTL.png]