Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
/!\ Swamp sprites needed /!\
I realized that too when I looked over it in a test map. I can redo that bit anyway.
Please someone sprite velociraptors as well, if there's tall grass they could spawn like wendigos

Actually I just want a Jurassic park zone really, take inspiration from the abandoned bio research facilities and I will be beyond happy forever
I think the swampwater would work better as just a murky still turf with sporadic bubbles, instead of a rapidly flowing bubbly river thing, and use a tileset like the lava cliffs / ice cliffs to delineate it from the land areas.

The bubbles are pretty great.
Haven't been able to get at this, I have alot of half done shit that's need some twerkin', but here's the shallows I was talking about, omniously shifting from side to side, slowly and stagnantly.
[Image: MSq311W.gif]

Looks ok together[Image: MSq311W.gif][Image: MSq311W.gif]

Cogwerks Wrote:I think the swampwater would work better as just a murky still turf with sporadic bubbles, instead of a rapidly flowing bubbly river thing, and use a tileset like the lava cliffs / ice cliffs to delineate it from the land areas.

The bubbles are pretty great.
P. much.

I'm working on deeper now, it's a darker shade, with sporadic bubbles.
Delineation wise, for shallows it eases in from the grass, similar to my example pic, while with deep, its alot starker drop from the grass.
Sounds cool, keep us posted!
I'm gonna try to make sprites for this.
Alright shiit. Here's some more stuff I did.
What it's looking like so far (sans movement)
[Image: BBHfDgy.png]
Here's the separate sprites
Bubbling overlay (for deep swamp)
[Image: PNCl68K.gif]
Deep swamp
[Image: FhHrX0D.gif]
New varied grass
[Image: WX2BvOI.png]
[Image: qnsLt3i.png]
[Image: fG6A5v6.png]
[Image: V0BVEjH.png]
Swamp support
[Image: DqZP6jD.png]
[Image: mrJI9vx.png]
Torch
[Image: XMY6416.gif]
Corners for shuttle wrecks
[Image: XwqgIdr.png]
[Image: DZzR9KD.png]
[Image: Eeu30GP.png]
[Image: dfK40xv.png]
Engine
[Image: bxfn02V.png]
[Image: CEkwtkr.png]
Cliff edge to delineate grass to deep swamp
[Image: rvPlVKo.png]
[Image: QErqj3i.png]
[Image: 5jSRUFI.png]
[Image: SRaTXsA.png]
A crashed pod that I'm working on. It's a 2x2 sized object, with a 2x1 ground overlay to the right (english: You can walk over the dirt to the right of it)
[Image: baafOA6.png]
Just a little fix on the tree, and I made a variation by simply flipping it.
[Image: veRTJGP.png]
[Image: 0sf9UC3.png]

Ehh, about 50% complete, theres a few things I wanna do:
>Delinate grass to shallows
>Complete other dimensions of the swamp predator
>Add a Reed overlay for the shallows
>????
Any other requests erotic dad (or anyone else for that matter)? Have you thought of the secret *deep* part of the z-level like ice moon and lava moon does? I have something quite cool in mind: A creepy aztec-esque temple, with some serious sinister shit. I have a boss-like critter thing sprited and some walls/floors.
Holy shit, that pod wreck is awesome. All Ears
Do you think you could add some varied tiles for the swamp and round out the bubbles? Everything else looks good.

And yeah, a temple area sounds cool.
goddamn Sundance that rules!!
You can never have too many trees, right? Mossy and bare versions:

[Image: Jtw4pFQ.png][Image: SQonW82.png]
ClockworkCupcake Wrote:You can never have too many trees, right? Mossy and bare versions:

[Image: Jtw4pFQ.png][Image: SQonW82.png]

Neat. I was going to sprite new trees, but this saves me the effort.
You ok with me tweaking it ever so slightly so it "fits"? I just need to turn down the vibrance and smooth the work done on the bark so that it matches the other tree.
I can see the mossy version fitting nicely in the shallows.

Anyhoo, working on the "Boss" mob and sandstoney, slightly aztec/lovecraftian temple amongst other parts.
Here's the boss mob, WIP.
[Image: uVBAYNJ.png]
It's a 3x3 object (that doesn't move, so essentially a wall) with a 1x1 hit area (the bottom middle part).
Can't make it out? It's a stone head sunken into the ground, disheveled with a yellow crown made of mushrooms. Can you guess what I am referring to? Bigger hint: Carcosa is the name of the ruins around the temple.
I've already sprited an "awake" mode that looks FAR more sinister, along with a transition phase between it, but I'd rather keep that a *secret*. OOOO
Feel free to tweak the colors so they fit better with the ones you've got finished!

Mind if I offer some palette advice though? Right now your grass comes across as a little bit bright and cheery (this is a v. technical term!!) for a swamp somehow. Maybe try making it a little darker and... swampier? I'm not articulating this well, lemme just photoshop this

[Image: C629vvO.png]

Not necessarily exactly like that, it's just easier to show what I mean than to try to say it.
Behold Swamp monster:
[Image: C9rqCdp]

Shit rough draft. Would appreciate some help with the shading, etc.
[Image: C9rqCdp.png]

Oops forgot image