Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Undo the blob nerfs
The spread nerf in particular basically kills the ability of blobs to cooperate and help each other.
I am not happy with the nerfs too but I think it would be best to give it a week to try it before reverting or whatever
Update: blob nerfs still absolute hell, especially for early-game blobs who absolutely did not need a nerf in any way, shape, or form.

Honestly I'd like to know the rationale behind them in the first place.
I do feel blob needed a nerf so it isn’t good players will always win no matter what but the nerfs made blob you will always lose now.
Ive yet to see any good blobs play blob yet with the nerfs, other then sord, and sord won. Before blob got nerfed, any experienced blob would walk on the crew, unless 30+ people showed up right as it spawned. Blobs supposed to be tough.
(06-22-2021, 06:08 AM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: Ive yet to see any good blobs play blob yet with the nerfs, other then sord, and sord won. Before blob got nerfed, any experienced blob would walk on the crew, unless 30+ people showed up right as it spawned. Blobs supposed to be tough.

I'm not sure "dying and then respawning on the escape shuttle cockpit the second it docked and avoiding getting killed by the few people who made it on in a round with a c-saber rampager" really counts as winning.

Edit: also I've only seen Sord as a random event blob which means that the "distance from your nucleus" spread malus doesn't nearly have the same impact because there's no other blob to build off of.
(06-22-2021, 08:31 AM)Mouse Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 06:08 AM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: Ive yet to see any good blobs play blob yet with the nerfs, other then sord, and sord won. Before blob got nerfed, any experienced blob would walk on the crew, unless 30+ people showed up right as it spawned. Blobs supposed to be tough.

I'm not sure "dying and then respawning on the escape shuttle cockpit the second it docked and avoiding getting killed by the few people who made it on in a round with a c-saber rampager" really counts as winning.

As somebody who witnessed this I can say that not many people even tried to fight the blob in the shuttle
At least make the distance-from-nearest-nucleus spread malus check the nearest nucleus rather than the nearest owned nucleus.