Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Discussion Thread: direct commits of balance changes without player input
Again, more messages about not owing anything. Again, I get that. I suppose I'll write it real clear and concise: As a volunteer, you can listen to others as little or as much as you want. You do that, more power to you, nobody can make you listen nor should anyone really try and force that kind of interaction. If you wanna be known as "that developer that doesn't listen to feedback", that's everyone's own choice. I just personally know that I do not prefer that kind of developer. If you don't care about reputation like that, again, you choice, more power to you, nobody lives to please me personally.
If you're fine with the next Reddit post reading "Goon developers don't listen to the community and the game's going to shit" (whether that's true or not) instead of "Kudos to the Goon developers for taking community feedback to improve the game" then that's completely fine, you're a Developer, not a PR Agent or whatever.

I guess to sum it up: Apathy begets apathy; friendliness begets friendliness. In the end, it's your choice and it depends on what you want.
(06-17-2021, 12:14 AM)palpetinus Wrote: Again, more messages about not owing anything. Again, I get that. I suppose I'll write it real clear and concise: As a volunteer, you can listen to others as little or as much as you want. You do that, more power to you, nobody can make you listen nor should anyone really try and force that kind of interaction. If you wanna be known as "that developer that doesn't listen to feedback", that's everyone's own choice. I just personally know that I do not prefer that kind of developer. If you don't care about reputation like that, again, you choice, more power to you, nobody lives to please me personally.
If you're fine with the next Reddit post reading "Goon developers don't listen to the community and the game's going to shit" (whether that's true or not) instead of "Kudos to the Goon developers for taking community feedback to improve the game" then that's completely fine, you're a Developer, not a PR Agent or whatever.

I guess to sum it up: Apathy begets apathy; friendliness begets friendliness. In the end, it's your choice and it depends on what you want.

Not saying anything nobody here doesn't already know
(06-17-2021, 12:14 AM)palpetinus Wrote: If you're fine with the next Reddit post reading "Goon developers don't listen to the community and the game's going to shit" (whether that's true or not)

This will happen no matter what anyone does. reddit gonna reddit
Quote:I guess to sum it up: Apathy begets apathy; friendliness begets friendliness. In the end, it's your choice and it depends on what you want.

You haven't done anything for the coders or the game and your posts have been pretty gross and disrespectful so I guess that might explain why nobody feels particularly moved by your words.
(06-18-2021, 12:50 AM)Souricelle Wrote: your posts have been pretty gross and disrespectful

Have they been? Can you point out a specific example? I'm really not seeing how "everyone can do what they want but Public Relations is a thing" is gross or disrespectful towards anyone.
(06-18-2021, 02:46 AM)palpetinus Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 12:50 AM)Souricelle Wrote: your posts have been pretty gross and disrespectful

Have they been? Can you point out a specific example? I'm really not seeing how "everyone can do what they want but Public Relations is a thing" is gross or disrespectful towards anyone.

(06-17-2021, 12:14 AM)palpetinus Wrote: Again, more messages about not owing anything. Again, I get that. I suppose I'll write it real clear and concise: As a volunteer, you can listen to others as little or as much as you want. You do that, more power to you, nobody can make you listen nor should anyone really try and force that kind of interaction. If you wanna be known as "that developer that doesn't listen to feedback", that's everyone's own choice. I just personally know that I do not prefer that kind of developer. If you don't care about reputation like that, again, you choice, more power to you, nobody lives to please me personally.

I don't know about you, but this looks like a fucking threat to me.
I was kind of hoping they would take the hint but they just got weirder.