Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Some traitor objective wording adjustments and slight code cleaning
Thumbs Up 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[CLEANLINESS] [INPUT WANTED] [QOL]

About the PR
This is an attempt to make some of the antag, (mostly traitor), objectives a bit more clear on what is required to succeed with them. It also cleans up a tiny bit of code because the linter, (or whatever it's called), was complaining about it.

Why's this needed?
Resolves #4209 at least partly mainly regarding the issue of some of the objective descriptions possibly being a bit vague. This was also an attempt into looking for the errors mentioned but I haven't been able to replicate them after a few tries with testing especially with the aforementioned the staying alive at rounds end and stealing a horse head. Both still worked even with a bloody cursed monkey horse head equipped and a bloody regular horse head stuck in the player's backpack and inside the box inside the backpack.

Line change sum-up
- **Regular Assassinate:** Mentioned that the objective doesn't count if the target gets revived unless they are revived as a cyborg/AI.
- **Regular Steal:** Mentioned that it counts as long as they have the item _anywhere_ on their person at round end.
- **Regular Multigrab:** Same deal except that the stealing hearts objective is clarified to mean actual hearts.
- **Escape Hijack:** Clarified that if someone does get onto the shuttle with them, it will still count if that person is dead before they reach Centcom.
- **Escape Survive:** Explained that they just have to stay alive anywhere, station or otherwise.
- **Escape Rescue:** Mentioned that the target has to actually be alive and not a cyborg at Centcom.
- **Escape Hijack_Group:** Same deal as regular hijack.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)eX.n0x
(+)Reworded some traitor objectives for clarity.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
So if someone gets on the shuttle when enters hyperspace the hijack objective is failed? Or can you kill them and toss them into space before it reaches centcom to have it still count?
(06-09-2021, 10:24 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: So if someone gets on the shuttle when enters hyperspace the hijack objective is failed? Or can you kill them and toss them into space before it reaches centcom to have it still count?

From what I understand, this PR doesn't change the objective, just rewords it to make it clear that everyone has to be dead by arrival at centcomm
For clarity, the wording changes (in bold) as they'd be ingame are:

Quote:Assassination: append "It doesn't count if they get revived, unless it's as a cyborg/AI." after the random fluff text (E.G. "for doing X" or "and make sure to Y")

Stealing:
"Steal the [target_name] and have it anywhere on your person at the end of the shift."

Multi-steal:

-For hearts: "You're a real Romeo! Steal the (literal) hearts of [multigrab_num] crewmembers and have them all anywhere on your person at the end of the shift."
-Anything else: "Steal [multigrab_num] [target_name] and have them all anywhere on your person at the end of the shift."

Solo hijack:
"Hijack the emergency shuttle by escaping alone. If someone else did sneak on, make sure they are dead before reaching Centcom."

Survive:
"Stay alive until the end of the shift no matter if you're on station or not."

Rescue:
"Ensure that [target.current.real_name], the [target.assigned_role], safely arrives at Centcom alive and not as a cyborg."

Group hijack:
"Hijack the emergency shuttle by escaping alone or with your accomplices. Anyone else who snuck on needs to be dead before reaching Centcom."

I'm kinda supposed to be doing other stuff so I don't want to get into thinking of alternative phrasing right now, my general thoughts are that all these changes are sensible clarifications but the wording tends to be a bit awkward.
(06-09-2021, 10:24 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: So if someone gets on the shuttle when enters hyperspace the hijack objective is failed? Or can you kill them and toss them into space before it reaches centcom to have it still count?

Pretty much as Zone has stated. Mainly just to help make it a bit more clear about what will make you fail or succeed in your objectives. As for the hijack ones, you don't even need to throw their body out. All that is needed is whoever are the ones that are suppose to be on the shuttle are the only ones that are alive when it arrives. If everyone on the station made their way in you should still get the objective if you manage to kill them all before you get to Centcom.
Bat's change is a lot more clear to me though kinda blunt but sometimes you need bluntness.
At the very least I made sure to go through it again and tried to get the wording a little less awkward but still keep the bluntness.