HoS Application - Blahowsky
Usual character name: Bobby Bobowski, Berry Bobowski
BYOND username: Blahowsky
Discord username (if you are on our discord): 
Blahowsky #0823
Recommended by (if applicable): 
Goon servers you play: Morty or Sylvester, depends wich one has more people or just feel like the other one.

Reason for application:

The boots… they sound so good… and well, would love to get that HoS swag. Also, more often than not there’s no HoS during the round, at least for when I play. 
I am also doing this because I just really like the symbol that the HoS is and a bit wider perspective and abilities to act.
I was really anxious about making this application a thing, but here goes nothing.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
So, I've started off my adventure here in like march. Kind of early? Probably, but I must say, that I've been feeling more and more comfortable with being here and find myself playing security fairly often as of late. I must say, that this job is probably the most fun and stress job I have had. With some rounds being nice and calm to the absolute mayhem of trying to somewhat keep law and order, or well, at the very least not letting some psychos go on a murder spree. 

I do understand how most of the antags are supposed to work, and their goals. I also understand that it's not fun to just take away all the cool PDA stuff a traitor might have, so I might usually "accidentaly" slip it out of my pocket, or something like that. As for the more... monstrous ones, it all depends and what kind of player I am dealing with. If he wants to be fun and cooperate, then sure, let's not just kill that changeling and let it be somewhat under supervision if it's not acting up. Same principle goes to a vampire or werewolf or... well whatever else is out there. 

I have to admit, I still don't know a great deal about what's hiding in this game. But I'm eager to discover, and I also like to think that a HoS isn't supposed to be a walking talking wikipedia, but a good leader for security, and a role model for security. Maybe besides the drinking... I think that I am just kind of "just do the job" kinda guy, but I understood more and more that letting in some breathers and  s p i c e  in my shifts was really good for me to not go psycho. I never really lost my cool(I like to think so at least), well, at least physically. Some verbal "teachings" have to be done. Sometimes, I did find myself as the only guy to actually do anything, or even do the decisions, or try to overrule someone else's very dumb decisions. I try my best not to interrupt if someone else is handling a case well by themselves, unless they ask or I think I can add something to this.

Just to make things clear, I know that my english is sometimes slippery, but I think I am able to say what I mean fairly clearly.

Besides sec, I know medical and engineering pretty well, barely touched science, and I just sort of freestyle it on botany and catering. Second favourite job from security officer would definitly be janitor. Lets me relax a bit and enjoy looking fellers dealing with those pesky crimers.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players
Use your whistles more! It is a very sad sight to see a whistle on the security table left to collect dust, or laying there forgotten in the pouch. It fairly clearly communicates you want someone to stop who is running from you without harm, or well, at least before they don’t stop so you pull out your taser, or a flash! Use the flash more, if you're gonna put down someone unarmed, I think it sends a bad message to just baton people.
Also, for the love of Space God, do the searches at security or at the very least somewhere that is not the middle of the hallway.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
So, I was playing solo secoff, pretty lowpop, about 10 people I’m pretty sure. Got my gear, so let’s just walk around, talk a bit here and there. Then these two people come around, pretty openly rambling about how they were gonna destroy the station and all that, so I come up to them. Ask what they are doing and that I also need to search them, they were tripping the scanners. Well after that question they start beating me, so I try to answer with force, but they knock out the baton out of my hand and try to beat me. Thankfully I managed to get up and stun them with the taser. Handcuffed one, and then the other injected me with morphine(?), well it knocked me out. I get spaced , cloned, but hey I play as a puritan, but still, the doctor manages to bring me back, monkey cloned me. I return for my body out in space, get my stuff, and I’m just like “Okay, now it’s on.” Sadly captain wasn’t very available then so it was really just me against two folks who seemed to know what they were doing. Well, round two, this time it goes a bit better since I start it off, but the rad storm interrupts, so I run off to the mining shuttle and they hide in nearby maintenance. I think that was the most stress I have experienced in this game like, ever. Well, the rad storm ends, I find them in the bridge, round three. I’m just trying to get them stunned for long enough to get them cuffed, slammed them both like 6 times from a chair. We’re all pretty roughed up. Then… then well I had to cryo sadly. Still, that was probably the most intense fight I had as a lonely security officer. And also really the first one like that. Haven’t really done much fist fighting beforehand.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
From what I’ve seen, I’d say that a bit steeper level of entry to security roles would be good, or maybe like a small introduction to people who get a sec job for the first time so they can get an understanding of how they should work a bit better.

It would be really handy if you could write a note in the sectrack, sort of like a ticket, that would add a security note to whoever you gonna touch with it. Much more handy than going to the computer and going through the process of clicking all the way too the person and writing whatever funny maymay you were gonna type. Although not to abuse it, you could maybe only add notes like this only to a handcuffed person, or someone who's already set to something that's not "nothing".
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
Well, with a full security team it depends what kind of people will fill out the slots. If it's somewhat experienced people, then usually we chat a bit, and share information from around the station on the current ongoing things. If some greenhorns, then it's time to give at least a few basic advices on how to be a good member of security. It would be really cool if people actually updated the records with their crimes, and yes, I am one of the weirdos who read everyone's record at the start and later to find out why a certain person is set to arrest. Too often have I asked "Why is x set to arrest?" and received "I dunno" or no reply. I do admit that I also often don't get around to updating notes since of other ongoing affairs or just forgetting.

While alone, I either do a few laps around the station and ask around how’s everyone doing, and then maybe sit on the desk for a bit. And… try to somewhat stay alive, cause it’s just gonna become chaos.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
Whose Donut is that? I think I know.
It’s mine of course. You ate it all.      
It was frosted. A delicious blow.   
And now it’s gone. Get ready to fall.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?                                                                                       
I’ll be honest with you, I just like to do the job. But I do enjoy playing along with whatever gimmicks other people come up with.
  •  Draw a picture!
 [Image: GamerChapel.PNG?width=214&height=300]

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): No bans, but was slapped on the wrist for blowing up most of the syndicate with an rpg as a syndicate commander, that was really at the starters for me.

Messages In This Thread
HoS Application - Blahowsky - by Blahowksy - 06-09-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: HoS Application - Blahowsky - by Tiresoup - 06-09-2021, 05:20 PM
RE: HoS Application - Blahowsky - by Wrench-1 - 06-10-2021, 06:42 AM
RE: HoS Application - Blahowsky - by Wrench-1 - 06-14-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: HoS Application - Blahowsky - by NapsWasTaken - 06-15-2021, 01:19 AM
RE: HoS Application - Blahowsky - by Redbonky - 06-15-2021, 03:54 AM
RE: HoS Application - Blahowsky - by LazyBatman - 06-15-2021, 04:22 AM
RE: HoS Application - Blahowsky - by nefarious6th - 06-15-2021, 10:36 AM
RE: HoS Application - Blahowsky - by BotchKing - 06-24-2021, 08:08 PM
RE: HoS Application - Blahowsky - by ftlaudeye - 06-25-2021, 10:35 PM
RE: HoS Application - Blahowsky - by jan.antilles - 06-26-2021, 10:01 PM