HoS application ( Ezra Callison )
Usual character name: Ezra Callison

BYOND username: ComradeInput

Reccomended By : Justin Falkin
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Ezra Callison - Input#2743

Goon servers you play: Goon 1 

Reason for application:

- Security is a fun and very big learning experience, Lots of newer players hop on security and hope that they can do whatever they want and also can be a bit unfair to the crewmates. Without an HoS security literally falls into corruption and I've witnessed rounds where the department would just space anyone they deemed annoying. Security Requires communication and responses. The amount of times I shouted out to be stung and with a location to look for me in and no one comes to help is baffling! I believe I can make a good edition to be placed in the ranks as HoS to deal with the stinky crimers, stinky bad security officers and if they would like to listen to actually teach them how to be proper security officers who are quick to react to antagonistic behavior and understand how to deal with them. 

Security experience (300 word minimum):

- I played security as my first role ever when I joined Goonstation back in late November, I had no idea there was rules to follow and what I was doing was wrong because to be fair I was shitsec and I still remember Bruce McAffee(he was HoS) having to demote me or kill me because of it. Now its been a pretty long time and I grown to learn and respect the community and its members. We're all trying to survive on this doomed spaceship and in order to survive we need order! I got back into security and learned to keep a cool head when how to deal with antags. There isn't much you need as a security officer except for your trusty baton! Being resourceful helps too. 

Goon 1 is absolute mayhem since anything can really go and as a security officer I dealt with lots of different scenarios, I learned my way around every map and know the ins and outs. I would say I'm a bit good at combat not the best but i do know how to keep my ground when the time calls for it. I been in situations where I took out all the lings in a shift on my own nonetheless and having them all cremated. I'm a react quick type of guy and whenever an alert pops up or something is suspicious I get right down to it to prevent further chaos from prevailing. I know that its up to me and my fellow officers to keep a cool head and be fair to everyone. HoS must educate and keep the seccies in line in order to maintain order.

From my own experience with sec over the past many months I consider myself to be a fair sec officer, I give you your short brig time and your scot free. If i catch you early on as an antag i can let you go but with a fair warning of course. "Kill someone or if i hear your name on the comms I'm coming after you", easy like that. Security has a lot of power and a strong weapon. A Baton can take down nearly everyone and learning how to properly use it is always step 1. I would like to say im resourceful and know my way around departments and can make a good asset leading the team understanding bombs, chems, and medical. 

#BlueberryBoy4HoS

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    -Always keep in touch and listen over the radio. If no one is talking or responding the station can run into chaos and some antagonist with a shotgun is probably tearing the security department to shreds one by one. Also to be fair with your punishments!! If you find someone annoying or catch an antag like incredibly early and they really didn't do anything just let them off, write their name down or remember how they are dressed and let them have their fun because we don't wanna ruin someone's round and space them or beat them to crit just because we have the power to do so.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    - On a full security team of members I know I would be a bit more lax knowing that there's more people to depend on and to deal with the baddies on the station. Still remaining on high alert and reading chatlogs for alerts but playing casually and having fun. Now If I'm the only security officer I'm a bit on edge since it all relies on me and the crewmates to deal with antags. I had a shift where I was the only Security officer and it was a rev round and I was on high alert carrying lots of implants. (Revs lost that shift hehe!) I'm definitely more cautious on dying and a little tense.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

• Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Oh Heisenbee! My dearest friend!You've been with me till the end As we watch the station crumble I hope you can hear my mumblesTTV's and explosions everywhereI can see my guts spread out over thereI don't know how much time i haveI'm glad I'm with you until I pass.Reach centcomm and tell them about meI'm glad as my final action I set you freeDon't go stinging monkeys anymoreI don't think I'll be there to help....- any more..
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): Starting a plasma flood in late november 2020.
+1 They have good understanding of the ways of being robust, witnessed as a borg and as a Det.. This is very helpful in a HoS as they can guide newer secoffs and sec assistants
Give him THE GUN +1
yea they are definelty not bad +1
You're new but I like +1 you
Ezra is a good part of the security team.
It is not only important to catch crimers, but to also know when to cut them some slack to have the round slowly develope into a fun experience for everybody.

+1
(07-16-2021, 02:11 AM)Kovirii Wrote: You're new but I like +1 you

Im not that new! lol. But thank you kindly
Ok i am pretty new checking out the dates we both joined, I just noticed! AAA
+1, helpful, kind, and has a good understanding of security
+1, thought they were playing for FAR longer than they actually were!
While they played Security often leading up to this application and after posting it, haven't seen them play much Security beyond that.
While they do a fine job as Captain, Captain and Security are quite different in terms of expectations from the crew.

They have fine leadership & communication as a Captain, however beyond leadership,
they haven't shown much desire to catch criminals and antagonists beyond hunting them down and killing them.

More than simply catching and killing, I want to see you involve yourself in the brigging process, Ezra.
As a Captain, if you expect us to interpret you off of that, you should ensure Security is not abusing prisoners.
Visit the brig. Ensure prisoners are being treated & sentenced fairly. Intervene in their behalf.

Aside from that, Haven't seen much undue aggression from them besides a spat with an AI awhile back.
Haven't seen them abuse prisoners or give unfair punishments.

Overall I can't support this, though he's nice enough.
Hi, we decided to deny this application for now, due to mixed feedback from the community and the admins. Feel free to reapply in 60 days from now!