Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Traitor miner item: Portable electroplater
This traitor item would be a traitor item for miners that instantly plates whatever hit with it. You would need to provide materials for it but being able to plate walls, items, and machines would open a large amount of room for shenanigans.
would you be able to plate people with it?
(06-07-2021, 01:13 PM)Rilor Wrote: would you be able to plate people with it?

only if you remove all their clothes
As someone who use to work in electroplating I think this would be pretty fun.
It'd probably have to be 6-8 TC because being able to plate important items (or just the floor) with stuff like erebite or plasmastone is very, very strong.
(06-08-2021, 04:58 AM)getbrecked Wrote: It'd probably have to be 6-8 TC because being able to plate important items (or just the floor) with stuff like erebite or plasmastone is very, very strong.

Has to be enough so you can't also get a cloaking device.  Infinite use cerenkite crayons on a cloaker are obnoxious as all hell.
You'd still need to actually get the materials to plate stuff, so I don't really think there is that much abusable stuff here.
Replacing floor tiles is already easy enough with how many floor tiles one can carry, it only takes one click per tile if you hold a crowbar, so no slower than plating them would be, even assuming it would have no action bar.

If you can still use crayons while cloaked, it would make more sense to just remove that.

I think most big things you could plate wouldn't do much though, like, you could plate a med vendor with cerenkite, but it won't really do much, because no one can go on the same tile as it.
The most dangerous thing would probably be soulsteel plating objects or something.
(06-08-2021, 12:36 PM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: You'd still need to actually get the materials to plate stuff, so I don't really think there is that much abusable stuff here.
Replacing floor tiles is already easy enough with how many floor tiles one can carry, it only takes one click per tile if you hold a crowbar, so no slower than plating them would be, even assuming it would have no action bar.

If you can still use crayons while cloaked, it would make more sense to just remove that.

I think most big things you could plate wouldn't do much though, like, you could plate a med vendor with cerenkite, but it won't really do much, because no one can go on the same tile as it.
The most dangerous thing would probably be soulsteel plating objects or something.

>I think most big things you could plate wouldn't do much though, like, you could plate a med vendor with cerenkite, but it won't really do much, because no one can go on the same tile as it.

For big things, perhaps taking 3 ingots per and then also having a noticeable progress bar would be a good tradeoff, as it further still lets you do dumb shit but also affords folks the ability to punish you if you're caught
It sounds like it'd be a lot of fun but being able to instantly plate a bunch of walls with plasmastone is really strong. You could cause plasmafires that are a serious effort to fix at best and shuttle-calling at worst. I think it'd be necessary to at least have a progress bar.
Its not really that much stronger than the average chemist in my opinion.