Mentor App - Zonespace/Robert Smith
Usual character name: Robert Smith
BYOND username: Zonespace
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Zonespace#6454
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Goon 1 and Goon 3.

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):
I’ve been playing Goonstation, and by extension Space Station 13, for around 8 months now, since early November. What really drew me into SS13 as a whole was the extreme complexity of all sorts of systems, to a level I haven’t seen anywhere else. While there was a large learning curve, I grew to really enjoy and adore the game!

From the beginning, I’ve been very interested in the science department, and I’d consider it my specialty. From my first time joining Goon, to today, I’ve had a lot of fun with the staggering depth that the department has, especially chemistry! Originally, I had stuck to main for my first three or four months, but moved to playing both main and RP when I desired a pace change. From the time I’ve spent as a scientist, I’ve comprehensively learned the systems in place throughout the department.

Earlier in my time on the RP server, I do admit that I was a fair bit powergame-y, sometimes at the cost of others. I take full responsibility for this happening, but I have changed over time as I became more acclimated to how crew and antagonists should work on the RP servers.

Nowadays, I’ve branched out from just the science department, having experience in all on-station roles. However, there is the exception of ranching and botany, which I should really do some time! Aside from science, I’d say my most knowledgeable job would most likely be medical, which makes sense, since it’s science-adjacent. 

However, there is more to being a Mentor than just knowing things. You have to be able to help out new people and answer questions whenever they pop up. I feel confident in my ability to be able to help out people whenever help is needed, and show newer ones the ropes. If I see someone that I feel like is new, I stop, try to interact with them, and help them out whenever and however they need. 

Why I’m applying to be a Mentor is because I really enjoy helping people out. If you ask me, one of the greatest things in the world is knowledge, and being able to share knowledge is a great feeling to me, even if it’s for a decade-old farty spaceman game. I myself have mentor-helped at least a dozen times, and the wonderful people there have solved my issues very consistently. In summary, I hope that I can assist in passing knowledge onto other players, as other Mentors have done for me!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): N/A
That's funny, I saw you helping some people out yesterday and I thought "Hmm, I should remember this if they ever wanna apply for Mentor. And here we are!

I haven't seen you much in game but considering a major percentage of MHelps are answered through Discord, I don't see this as much of an issue.

+1
I'm leaving a big ol' +1. You know what you're doing, and I haven't seen any "this is a bad look to goon" moments. Overall helpful and would be nice to see on the mentor team.
+1 From me, they are very knowledgeable about the game, and have a good attitude toward sharing that knowledge.
I've seen them take time off their antag round to check on newer people, which is impressive, good on you!
I've seen you in rounds helping out and contributing in a positive way. As antag you choose creative gimmicks to get payback on the station (Like uploading an AI law to have the cyborgs bully the AI smile ) I have seen you interacting with a lot of people to make their experience better.
I've witnessed you go out of your way to help people learn new things and I believe you will make a very good mentor. 1+ from me
A few rounds ago, they saw me in arrivals and helped me out with learning how to do things, like QM and scientist. They were chill and taught me things, and we even had a good antagonist round together. Id say they'd be a good mentor.
This guy is pretty alright.
Whenever I see em they always looked like they knew what they were doing, and I haven't seen anything bad from them, and I do see them ALOT.

so yea a +1
personally dont see them very much in game, but definitely noticeable as a big help on discord. pretty knowledgeable and seems to be a good fit, +1
Excellent officer, excellent contributor, always nice to see on the team. A +1 from me.
I've seen Zonespace be very friendly and open to showing new players the ropes a bunch while I was observing, and they seem to always be down to teach folks cool things. Also pretty helpful on discord, AND does some rad contributions. +1 for sure.
Robert Smith has helped me with stuff more than once, always nice and patient and willing to explain things to people +1 for me
I've seen them around a good bit, and they are always friendly and helpful. They'd make a great mentor!