Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rogue Toggle FOR AI
A button that you hit and it asks you if you are sure you want to do this, it makes electrifying doors easier by not asking, if stuff like zapping implants is added you can control that too, perhaps the ability to explode vending machines by hitting them or making them vend something at high velocity. Basically adds more kill things perhaps.
Only if we get a Rouge toggle too.
It would also be nice if the toggle flipped into its off position when your laws are changed / reset.
Been thinking about this myself, actually.
If it makes the A.I a murder machine there should be a message or alert to heads pda's saying that the safety is off. You know sacrifice stealth for murder.
The idea is not a "Safety override" it's more along the lines of "Yes, I'm evil now, stop saying it might hurt humans when I shock stuff".
I would not mind the Safety Override idea, though.

Or the ability to aim APC arc flashes Demonology 101
Allow the AI to activate a lockdown certian parts of the station. Have it only bolt the exists and make an announce my when ever a lockdown is in effect.
epicdwarf Wrote:Allow the AI to activate a lockdown certian parts of the station. Have it only bolt the exists and make an announce my when ever a lockdown is in effect.

How is that any good for anything?
You don't think the AI needs a nerf, do you?
epicdwarf Wrote:Allow the AI to activate a lockdown certian parts of the station. Have it only bolt the exists and make an announce my when ever a lockdown is in effect.
This would be abused by AIs who believe it is their job to bolt down any traitor ever. "Click to bolt Security" would then announce "Security has been locked down" and once that happened, every vigilante and power player would show up in hopes of getting that valid kill.
LunaticLawyer Wrote:This would be abused by AIs who believe it is their job to bolt down any traitor ever. "Click to bolt Security" would then announce "Security has been locked down" and once that happened, every vigilante and power player would show up in hopes of getting that valid kill.
It is not like an AI announcing the position of a traitor does not already attract vigilantes. Plus, there are ways to bypass bolted doors that don't involve hacking. If anything this will make the AI more of a threat, rather then a minor annoyance.
epicdwarf Wrote:
LunaticLawyer Wrote:This would be abused by AIs who believe it is their job to bolt down any traitor ever. "Click to bolt Security" would then announce "Security has been locked down" and once that happened, every vigilante and power player would show up in hopes of getting that valid kill.
It is not like an AI announcing the position of a traitor does not already attract vigilantes. Plus, there are ways to bypass bolted doors that don't involve hacking. If anything this will make the AI more of a threat, rather then a minor annoyance.

How?

How is this idea better than the AI being able to individually bolt doors as it sees fit, then announce where and why it has locked someone / something down, should it chose to do so?

If this is a replacement to what we have now it's terrible.
Else if this is a sidgrade then it is redundant.
By the time the AI finishes bolting an area like the bridge, the person of interest has usually escaped. It more or less keeps people out rather then in. A lockdown system allows the AI to keep a person of interest in an area for a sort period of time at the risk of letting the crew onto its sckemes. It is not a replacement of the normal bolting system, just something to help the AI out.
epicdwarf Wrote:By the time the AI finishes bolting an area like the bridge, the person of interest has usually escaped. It more or less keeps people out rather then in. A lockdown system allows the AI to keep a person of interest in an area for a sort period of time at the risk of letting the crew onto its sckemes. It is not a replacement of the normal bolting system, just something to help the AI out.
What's the problem with the person escaping? Honestly, the AI doesn't need to be more of a threat.
Guys, guys, you've been misreading it.

See, he's not saying to bolt down "certain" parts of the station, he's saying give the AI the ability to bolt down the "certian" parts. Certian is a little-known word that basically means existentialism. Which is why he says the AI should be able to bolt the "exists", not the "exits". He's saying that we should give the AI a toggle to lock down it's own sense of silicon mortality, in order to prevent it from experiencing dangerous levels of enniu.

Personally, I disagree with it. I think the AI needs to be able to stare into the void, and feel the cold detachment of the void staring back into it. But that's just my opinion.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:See, he's not saying to bolt down "certain" parts of the station, he's saying give the AI the ability to bolt down the "certian" parts. Certian is a little-known word that basically means existentialism. Which is why he says the AI should be able to bolt the "exists", not the "exits". He's saying that we should give the AI a toggle to lock down it's own sense of silicon mortality, in order to prevent it from experiencing dangerous levels of enniu.

Personally, I disagree with it. I think the AI needs to be able to stare into the void, and feel the cold detachment of the void staring back into it. But that's just my opinion.
This is what happens when you use a phone instead of a keybored.

Back on topic: The AI still is not really a threat. You can easly hide from it and bolting/electrifying an area takes way too long. Giving it a system to do these things quicker at the risk of the crew finding out that it is rogue would make the AI a threat.
epicdwarf Wrote:Back on topic: The AI still is not really a threat. You can easly hide from it and bolting/electrifying an area takes way too long. Giving it a system to do these things quicker at the risk of the crew finding out that it is rogue would make the AI a threat.
Let me phrase it this way:
Why does the AI need to be a threat?