Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rogue Toggle FOR AI
LunaticLawyer Wrote:Why does the AI need to be a threat?

Because as it is the AI is just a glorified doorman. When rogue it doesn't at all invoke the terror of traditional rogue AIs like GLADoS, SHODAN, HAL 9000, you name it.

While it shouldn't be able to fill the entire station up with plasma it does need more.
Am I the only one deliberately supercharging doors for my best friend AI? Doing that makes it ~terrifying~ on a whole new level.

That being said, I would like to give the AI some boosts putting a subverted one on par with scary AIs like SHODAN and so forth, so why not let it use the APCs to shoot lightning? If the mains aren't overloaded let it use the entire charge of the APC and send it into the thick skull of a nonhuman thinking they're clever by not touching any doors. Another thing could be allowing the AI to fuck with atmos, siphoning out the air from rooms and the like.

I also have to say I love the airbridges, nothing quite like a nonhuman stumbling across the bolted doors on one end, then scrambling back to find themselves bolted in. Their look of horror as it dawns on them is quite fascinating.
Can't you people just look at the thread suggestion for once? Every thread lately has been bickering about ideas posted in someone else's thread

A simple Toggle Safety Messages option in your AI tab would be simple and very nice improvement
yes I like the OP's idea. I have some ideas for various little things a rogue AI should be empowered to do, options that shouldn't be available to an AI on regular lawset. Rather than having admins receive a notice every time an AI does anything no matter how minor this would lets us see "ah the AI is going off its laws, do its laws allow that? ok"
I like this idea, but if it means the ai is going to be a super duper baddy, then I'd also reccomend beefing up his defense system somehow so its harder for it to be corrupted. *+*SOMEHOW*+*
the ai has a perfectly defensible room. given a few tricks, provided he's paying attention, it can end up being impossible to corrupt the ai without giving him plenty of time to alert people to come defend him.

a good ai's primary defense is the station crew.

of course,, if the station wants the ai to go the extra mile to avoid getting corrupted, you gotta order him to. by default, the ai is programmed to let people in if they ask really nicely.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:the ai has a perfectly defensible room. given a few tricks, provided he's paying attention, it can end up being impossible to corrupt the ai without giving him plenty of time to alert people to come defend him.

a good ai's primary defense is the station crew.

of course,, if the station wants the ai to go the extra mile to avoid getting corrupted, you gotta order him to. by default, the ai is programmed to let people in if they ask really nicely.
The AI only has to let the Captain and Chief Engineer in since they're, by default, the only two people with access. Law 2 follows the chain of command (though I forget the specific wording). You're more than welcome to deny someone's request.

Of course, you can always just bolt open the doors v
The problem isn't the AI not having enough defenses, it's the player's mentality that if the AI tries in any way to prevent its laws from being modified it is a shitlorde and must be bombed. Therefore more experienced AIs don't even attempt to stop anyone from just walking in and uploading a Only Human law.

If the AI is made more deadly, perhaps we need to change our mentality and encourage AIs to vigorously defend their uploads from intrusion.
Because otherwise it's a boring job (unless you know good gimmicks)
UrsulaMejor Wrote:The AI only has to let the Captain and Chief Engineer in since they're, by default, the only two people with access.

Actually all heads have A.I access. I even had it while being MD.
Wrazzy Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:The AI only has to let the Captain and Chief Engineer in since they're, by default, the only two people with access.

Actually all heads have A.I access. I even had it while being MD.
I didn't say that
Whoops I messed up on the quote tab, Sorry UrsulaMejor.