Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Rancher gets a promotion
I dream of electric sheep
bees? a bee breeding system would bee cool
Issue with bees are that bees are like human level intelligence, so bee breeding would be weird. Having to guide goats around the station could be cool.
i mean thats rarely referred to in game, so we could change that lore to human level intelligence being a rare mutation of the regular space bee
(06-03-2021, 06:22 PM)Rilor Wrote: i mean thats rarely referred to in game, so we could change that lore to human level intelligence being a rare mutation of the regular space bee

Emily has said it's weird so it aint happnin

also if you had human level intelligence and saw humans breeding things of your kind that were less intelligent than you that would be way way weirder
I like the idea of giving the rancher more options. Maybe, since we're in space, some sort of alien lifestock?

It's rather fascinating to read this thread as a monkey main, seeing how "existential horror" and "human level intelligence" are used as arguments, yet ValuChimps exist. Not that im advocating to change this, just a funny implication.

(06-02-2021, 06:30 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: I've been experiencing this weird thing called "outside" a lot more now that I'm vaccinated

Lovely to hear!
For me, it's more the idea of *breeding* sapient creatures to select for genetic traits that's weird af.
How about mutating bees into special bees by feeding them specific feed made by the rancher feed maker, genetics doesnt get THAT much flak for doing basically the same thing on humans. Also it would make a bit more sense since non royal bees cant reproduce
what about silkworms/silkmoths? smallish, cute, could produce a variety of fibers for use in various kinds of crafting(mostly clothing construction, but say, a 'copper silkworm' for producing copper for cables or a 'golden silkworm' for getting gold to make shiny clothes?
(06-07-2021, 10:29 PM)coolvape Wrote: what about silkworms/silkmoths? smallish, cute, could produce a variety of fibers for use in various kinds of crafting(mostly clothing construction, but say, a 'copper silkworm' for producing copper for cables or a 'golden silkworm' for getting gold to make shiny clothes?

I really like this idea. More matsci integration with jobs is always cool.