Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 2.59 Average
Removing Urine
I dont think this thread should be used for questioning other people's limits or enforcing your own personal boundaries. Im not reffering to anyone specifically but rather to some people here, both in one direction or another. Sorry if that isn't your intent but that's the vibe I'm getting.

Not everyones boundaries are rational. But that doesn't mean they're wrong or bad to have, they just feel that way and opening that can of worms isn't really the thing we're here for. The implication is that everyone who plays the game respects each others comfort zone. If I say "Please stop X", its assumed that you will do the noble act of no longer doing said thing. Does this remove some of your freedom? Perhaps. But you're also giving the other person more freedom in feeling comfortable in this enviroment. And shouldn't we all strive to make this community a better place for others?

I think that by implying that the removal of urine will create a slippery slope of removing things with no consideration due to the possible chance it could offend, implies slightly more than you might have intended. For a first, this isn't something that's happened nor have any official plans regarding it been annouced. It's unnecessary worrying for a future that hasn't come.

Secondly, you're also implying that there's someone out there that would take pleasure in removing features, which I think some people might be particularly bothered by, if not offended. Removing a feature is often the simplest solution, and as such is the one that most often comes first to mind. It's also a good converstation starter. What changes when you simplying remove it out of existence? How does it effect everything else? Will you need something else to account for that missing place? Those sort of questions. That why I don't think you should take the title of the thread as a threat or as the only solution in this case.

This has been a suprisingly deep discussion and it's bought up a lot of good points to think about. But I think it'd be worthwhile for everyone to try and take a more relaxed approach. I know just saying stuff like that doesn't really change much in itself but I think we should all remember, this is just a silly space game and nothing concrete has been said about this matter.
If it helps any (and I kinda doubt it just by the volume of suggestions in this thread so far), one of the admins suggested making chugging much less effective at generating urine in discord yesterday. That would make piss flooding a lot more work and time in which to blow up the pissbox.

That should fix one problem.
That strikes me as very unintuitive for players who do not read the code though, I would prefer an organ-damage based solution or something.
(Not that I have ever seen a urine flood that I can remember.)
To weigh into this, maybe just make it harder to get so much urine, but don't remove it altogether. I could still see urine as just another thing a traitor could do as a distraction, like let loose a wave of urine and while everyone is panicking, do such and such.
I do personally see urine as a bit gross, but that in my opinion is not enough to remove it outright.
to be fair the P versus NP problem has confounded scientists for years, i doubt us lowly forum posters would be able to figure it out
(06-05-2021, 02:33 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: to be fair the P versus NP problem has confounded scientists for years, i doubt us lowly forum posters would be able to figure it out

BOOOOO
its been said earlier, but ill say it too, becuase its a good idea. Humans produce too much fluid in this game. The amount of blood, piss, and vomit one spessman can produce is INSANE. lowering this a tad wouldnt be bad; but it could make janitors life boring. Someone should code a mechanic where after like 30 minutes you need to visit a bathroom and take a leak. otherwise after like 40 minutes you piss a tiny bit on the floor. eating and drinking would make you need to piss faster, varying the amount of piss so that at the 40 minute mark the entire station doesnt let loose. if this was added, you could make it so you can only use the *piss command when you need to go, not whenever. This could be a cool mechanic and fix the pissflood problem, while still keeping piss.
having to pee was a thing in RP before that motive was removed (along with sleep) for being kind of broken, doubly so because you can (and i did) create botany fruits like massive strawberries that would keep you hydrated for an hour but require you to literally piss every two minutes, and that isn't even a joke

i will agree that humans produce too many (visible) fluids, though, but it's hard to balance well. someone with one unit of bleeding will eventually create a +-shaped puddle of blood that looks like a lot of blood even though it's a very small amount

but at the same time maybe spacemen have just adapted to low-pressure space station life by having high pressure blood/piss
the pee motive was bad not just because it was broken but because people inevitably pee'd themselves at their big antag moment, ran off to pee mid-RP, and since people realized coffee could stave off the even more frustrating sleep motive...people spent a lot of time on their way to pee.
that is the most ss13 thing possible, the big evil villain is finally going to do their dastardly deeds and ruins the moment pissing themselves
(06-05-2021, 01:01 AM)Eagletanker Wrote: This has gone on for 11 pages.
11 damn pages.
Fighting over whether or not you should be able to piss in a space sandbox game. At this point can someone just please PR ***SOMTHING*** so we can stop this? Hell if no one wants to step up to the plate I'm sure its not hard to deactivate pissing.

Only four pages for me because I'm awesome

[Image: 9VwXSVb.png]

Also if anyone says Slippery Slope again I'm going to put THEM on a one way trip down a slippery slope with my fist at the bottom........I'm going to punch them.
i think if you peed on the slope it would make it slippery in theory
(06-06-2021, 09:46 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Only four pages for me because I'm awesome
only 9 pages for me because I'm even cooler

(06-05-2021, 05:30 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: i will agree that humans produce too many (visible) fluids, though, but it's hard to balance well. someone with one unit of bleeding will eventually create a +-shaped puddle of blood that looks like a lot of blood even though it's a very small amount

we can increase the amount of units needed to form a new blood tile by breaking surface tension , i think it's at 35u right now?
Please don’t decrease the blood settings, it is so much fun to see the nuke room be COVERED with blood, or a c saber rampage kill everyone in a room after the AI bolted them in, and open the door and a small ocean of blood flows out.

But decreasing the amount of piss someone makes could be an interesting compromise, but I’m still voting we don’t touch piss completely, piss floods are just funny.
More blood is always a good thing in my opinion.
Blood is 10% of the human body.