Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 2.59 Average
Removing Urine
(06-04-2021, 08:55 AM)Jakson Wrote: personally, i believe piss is inherently funny, and i believe there a lot more people who find it funny, than those who dislike it

this should be a majority vote thing in my opinion, create some sort of poll and we can decide.

By that account you must believe that the majority of the players engages on the forums?

Many people engage on the forums but many merely play on the server and do not bother to participate in such a vote on the forums.
How about instead of beepsky arresting you for pissing on the floor, you now also get arrested for pissing in general.

That'd be annoying enough to stop it and if you really have a problem with the person making piss floods hey look beepsky just stunned and handcuffed them and now you can swirly them a bunch of times
(06-03-2021, 09:48 AM)unfunnyperson Wrote: The reply of “just ahelp the creep” isn’t really going to work. A system like pee allows people to be a creep much easier than if we axed it.

This is also true of: Chat. Farting. Violence. Nonviolence. The ability to move.
next person to invoke slippery slope as a reason against this is a big smelly nerd that licks chairs and eats paint
(06-04-2021, 10:28 PM)Dabir Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 09:48 AM)unfunnyperson Wrote: The reply of “just ahelp the creep” isn’t really going to work. A system like pee allows people to be a creep much easier than if we axed it.

This is also true of: Chat. Farting. Violence. Nonviolence. The ability to move.

dont forget ghost drones!
reader beware...urine for a scare
This has gone on for 11 pages.
11 damn pages.
Fighting over whether or not you should be able to piss in a space sandbox game. At this point can someone just please PR ***SOMTHING*** so we can stop this? Hell if no one wants to step up to the plate I'm sure its not hard to deactivate pissing.
As silly as this all is, we do appreciate feedback, and the thread is funny so I don't think it's a huge problem. This sort of thing is a goonstation tradition, as old as spaghetti.
How can people be disgusted by a fluid with a hexadecimal color code and...well...a name?

Not that hard to play the game without making this your sole focal point.

How about we remove Jenkem...mh...biblefarting is disrespectful to any good priest! What about alcohol? What about the poor recovering alcoholics exposed to ethanol in a virtual game?

Can you fathom?

Brain damage and any kind of hurt should be removed too. Let's replace nuclear operatives with gardeners ambushing the station to plant a garden in a department?
(06-05-2021, 02:13 AM)GORE Wrote: How can people be disgusted by a fluid with a hexadecimal color code and...well...a name?

Not that hard to play the game without making this your sole focal point.

How about we remove Jenkem...mh...biblefarting is disrespectful to any good priest! What about alcohol? What about the poor recovering alcoholics exposed to ethanol in a virtual game?

Can you fathom?

Brain damage and any kind of hurt should be removed too. Let's replace nuclear operatives with gardeners ambushing the station to plant a garden in a department?

That makes about as much sense as saying poo is just a chemical with a name and color and bad words are just sequences of letters, we still don't want either on our space station.^^
Poo is just a chemical with a name and a color.

Renaming poo to compost has changed what exactly?

We could rename pee to "Number One" or how about "Yellow Water" ?
Reading some people telling that the slippery slope thing won´t happen or that it´s bad argument, I need to put one more thing there. It is already happening. There used to be a thing, emote, called poo, which made you basically make a shit. I don´t know why this feature was removed as I didn´t play the game at that time, but from what I heard I got that it was removed due people doing weird shit with this feature. And now we are seeing similar argument for piss removal and now even somebody really tried to force his idea of piss removal by making a PR about "disabling it until the problem is solved". So to anybody saying that the slippery slope argument is BS, it isn´t, as it is happening right now.

Now to add something more constructive, I think that yesterday we had one more idea on the Discord chat - I forgot if it was mentioned there or not, but what about some bladder organ? Which could be taken out of the piss flooders and would stop them from being able to piss? Like when you loose your butt, you can´t fart anymore? In case of cyber bladder, it would make a character piss water instead of urine. Or if it would be emagged, if possible, it would make a character piss something messy, like a vomit?

Or I had one more idea though it would make piss less realistic, that instead of pissing urine, one would piss part of the chemicals or drink he drank? That would take some realism out of the game, but would probably open the way for some fun ideas of transporting chemicals in one´s body?
(06-05-2021, 03:00 AM)GORE Wrote: Poo is just a chemical with a name and a color.

Renaming poo to compost has changed what exactly?

We could rename pee to "Number One" or how about "Yellow Water" ?

You can no longer strip naked and poo on the run to make a slippery stain to slip security.
You can no longer grab literal poo as an item and fling it or smear it on people.
It no longer can stain clothes and sprites brown.
As it was a grabbable item, you could do anything you could do with an item that you could normally pick up with it.

Much was changed with it when poo was made unpoo.

Edit: I've been exclusively posting in this thread while tired as hell and keep forgetting actual points in my posts: Poo was shit because it pretty much had it's mechanics and stuff included with it for being gross.

Piss was just a yellow chemical with no notable properties beyond leaving a stain and mixing in some chemistry things. It's the inevitable expansion of how chemicals work that opened the door for pissfloods and stuff. Most of the dissatisfaction with it I've heard is in the context of RP server stuff.
I love when people call something a slippery slope as if it wasn't the name of a very famous logical fallacy or something.
Can we stop with the slippery slope stuff by the by?

Seriously. It's getting thrown around a lot and completely incorrectly so. This isn't "Piss gets removed" -> "Lack of piss makes farts the next grossest thing." -> "Farts get removed." -> "All things that are gross or offend anyone must be removed" -> "Game sterilized forever." That people are worried about.

It's "Piss is removed." -> "There's a good argument for removing things that overlap or share space with piss".

This is obviously undesirable for people who wish to keep it or things that occupy similar spaces.

One is a fallacious argument with tangentially related intermediaries.

One is direct cause and effect.

Edit: Mostly because it devalues actual conversation to just have 'slippery slope' getting thrown around. And actual conversation on whether piss should stay or not is fun and funny as heck.