Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 2.59 Average
Removing Urine
You know why vomit is great for cheese?

Because the bartender and the chef work in synergy to make it possible.
The bartender gets folks so drunk they vomit - and a knowledged chef is able to harvest from the dirty floortiles and create some cheeseburgers from that.
(06-03-2021, 08:11 PM)GORE Wrote: You know why vomit is great for cheese?

Because the bartender and the chef work in synergy to make it possible.
The bartender gets folks so drunk they vomit - and a knowledged chef is able to harvest from the dirty floortiles and create some cheeseburgers from that.

Or, if no bartender is available, we could just write that post on a piece of paper and have people read it to get them to vomit.^^
(06-02-2021, 08:06 AM)MoonJesus Wrote: Can people lighten up please. There's nothing more SS13 than killing someone by throwing superheated piss pitchers in their unprotected faces

edit:

I think we're at the point where we need to split codebases for RP and Main. Remove all the fun things for the RP server, let people continue to do wacky shit on Main without removing fun features

i think this would be a good compromise
While at the end of the day I won't really care if piss is in or out, I'm looking at it from the development point of view and what value it has right now.

As of now (that I know of), pee is used in saltpetre and as a gross liquid chemical to harass people with. Piss floods, piss balloons, piss in drinks, superheated piss. The few people that use toilets to pee will find that cameras tag you for public urination more often than not and even if you pee in a toilet, it just makes a puddle on the ground. Since the need has been long removed, what exactly is the value we have of keeping piss? While yes, we can just keep it as a gross funny liquid and ingredient for saltpetre, its abused frequently enough and really only has negative and creepy uses for it that griefers and newbies mess with. The argument to just ahelp people is fair enough, but plenty of things have been removed regardless of that argument.

Instead of piss floods, we have a lot more features to flood the bathrooms and cause a bigger mess.
Instead of piss balloons, you can do all sorts of fun chemical balloons. Acid, glitter, whatever you want.
Instead of piss in drinks and having to ahelp people, we can just.. skip that.
Instead of superheated piss to be purposefully weird and gross, you can just use sewage or vomit I guess?
Saltpetre can have its recipe adjusted, triplepiss can still be a thing.

On the one side that wants to keep piss, we could spend developer time to add features and rework piss and all sorts of PR ideas. Inability to flood with it, kidney damage, toggles to disable things, etc. The sky is your limit here, but is it worthwhile in the end considering how barebones piss as a mechanic is?
On the other side that doesn't want to keep it, we can just axe a feature with little value to stop people being creepy with it. Ahelping people repeatedly for the abuse of a feature that's only really there to BE abused isn't particularly exciting.

So from my point of view, piss is a feature that's been slowly reduced and neglected and at this point there'd be little harm in removing it if people don't like it. It can always be reimplemented if people REALLY want to rework piss and make all sorts of PRs, but I feel like there's better things to work on, seeing as nobody has bothered to bring poo back.
Cal mentioned it earlier in the thread but if the problem is piss flooding then you could just change it to piss leaving a decal.
Also someone mentioned kidney damage from excessive pissing wich i love, cause god knows you need an excuse in RP to do surgery since the Ethanol changes.

Either way i'm against it, not allot i can say that hasn't already been said.
(06-03-2021, 11:30 PM)Varali Wrote: seeing as nobody has bothered to bring poo back.

Just to clarify, nobody bothered because they straight up said they are never bringing it back.

On topic, it amazes me that this topic is still going.  And I don't understand why because, as said before, sticking someone into a vat with the sole purpose of drowning them in vomit and bodies exploding into little giblets is fine, but no pee pee, pee pee is bad.
The port-a-puke is pretty gross too. It used to be the port-a-poo, I think, but having that was no argument against removing poo.
(And it kind of treads on the territory of the trash compactor anyway.)

People keep being like "if no pee then why vomit/farts", but just because right now someone is arguing against keeping urine doesn't mean they are ok with those other things.
(06-03-2021, 11:30 PM)Varali Wrote: While at the end of the day I won't really care if piss is in or out, I'm looking at it from the development point of view and what value it has right now.

As of now (that I know of), pee is used in saltpetre and as a gross liquid chemical to harass people with. Piss floods, piss balloons, piss in drinks, superheated piss. The few people that use toilets to pee will find that cameras tag you for public urination more often than not and even if you pee in a toilet, it just makes a puddle on the ground. Since the need has been long removed, what exactly is the value we have of keeping piss? While yes, we can just keep it as a gross funny liquid and ingredient for saltpetre, its abused frequently enough and really only has negative and creepy uses for it that griefers and newbies mess with. The argument to just ahelp people is fair enough, but plenty of things have been removed regardless of that argument.

Instead of piss floods, we have a lot more features to flood the bathrooms and cause a bigger mess.
Instead of piss balloons, you can do all sorts of fun chemical balloons. Acid, glitter, whatever you want.
Instead of piss in drinks and having to ahelp people, we can just.. skip that.
Instead of superheated piss to be purposefully weird and gross, you can just use sewage or vomit I guess?
Saltpetre can have its recipe adjusted, triplepiss can still be a thing.

On the one side that wants to keep piss, we could spend developer time to add features and rework piss and all sorts of PR ideas. Inability to flood with it, kidney damage, toggles to disable things, etc. The sky is your limit here, but is it worthwhile in the end considering how barebones piss as a mechanic is?
On the other side that doesn't want to keep it, we can just axe a feature with little value to stop people being creepy with it. Ahelping people repeatedly for the abuse of a feature that's only really there to BE abused isn't particularly exciting.

So from my point of view, piss is a feature that's been slowly reduced and neglected and at this point there'd be little harm in removing it if people don't like it. It can always be reimplemented if people REALLY want to rework piss and make all sorts of PRs, but I feel like there's better things to work on, seeing as nobody has bothered to bring poo back.
this
Honestly, cheese and butter production seems like something in the purview of botany/ranchers. Give em animals to milk, a butter churn, and a barrel or something to age stuff in.
All cheese is now grown via cheese plant or made via soy
(06-04-2021, 06:14 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Honestly, cheese and butter production seems like something in the purview of botany/ranchers. Give em animals to milk, a butter churn, and a barrel or something to age stuff in.

Just milk your chickens already, ranchers.
The longer this thread goes the more I frown
Everyone seems to have said what they wanted to say about the matter and now the thread is reaching the point of generalization and unrelated discussions. Several good compromises have came up and I believe that those are probably a better course of action than full removal. If you have problems with things like vomit, gibs, farts, etc. Then I suggest you make a forum thread about that instead of discussing it here. I think this thread has ran its course and I wouldn't be against a locking.
personally, i believe piss is inherently funny, and i believe there a lot more people who find it funny, than those who dislike it

this should be a majority vote thing in my opinion, create some sort of poll and we can decide.
deciding things through community polls just isn't gonna happen. they can be useful for collecting feedback on occasion, but it's not uncommon for the correct option to be the minority opinion. see: when the community voted on whether or not twisting other people's nipples was weird (and it was removed anyways) or when the community voted that autism jokes were okay (and they were removed anyways).