Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 2.59 Average
Removing Urine
First off: I am currently potty-training a very stubborn toddler, so by the time I log on spacegame at night I am totally done with being peed on and cleaning up pee. Just to give some context.

Pee as a thing that is present doesn't bother me nearly as much as people who force/trick others into drinking it, especially on the RP server where there's an element of immersion that it's reasonable to expect.

My thoughts about pee:
-Kidney damage when you pee too much is interesting and clever. Giving people a reason to get an organ other than the liver replaced is good for doctors.
-Replacing the "2010 Vintage" is something I support 100%. It's disgusting and I cringe every time I see people drink it without knowing what it is.
-Pee cubes are gross. Pee pools are gross. I don't find gross-out humor funny, but I guess some people do.
-An alternative to pee in saltpetre would be great.

Vomit actually bothers me way more than pee does IRL. I'm a sympathetic puker and I struggle to be in the same room with people brushing their teeth. In game, the vomit being a decal and having a "splash" sound rather than a gagging/retching sound goes a LONG WAY toward my not being grossed out by it. However, I will make one request.

For the love of all that is good in this world, I would love to have an alternative to vomit in making additional cheese. Cheese is a requirement for some of the most common recipes for the chef, and the only way to get more from cargo is to order a crate that only has a couple wedges in it. Having to mix vomit and milk is truly disgusting to me. I would much rather have "cheese culture" that can be bought or made, and then added to milk to make cheese. There's no reason to require mixing bodily fluids to make a basic food.
(06-03-2021, 05:28 AM)Sov Wrote: To toss it out there

What if urine was replaced by a solution of like ammonia salt and water or something

To clarify you mean when you use *pee instead of urine coming out it would instead be called ammonia, salt, and water if you examined it instead of just Urine?
Honestly I find that funny and I'm down for that.

Also a bonus that I keep thinking about whenever I see this thread is still getting replies.

[Image: 20111118-pissworld.png]
Just makes me think of when people are using a mechanic like piss to mess with other people instead of peeing just being a thing in the game.
Punish the people that are abusing mechanics and not everyone in my opinion. Seeing in this thread that people are in the RP servers tricking people to drink their urine is just weird and those people should be reported and beaten up by the admins....or at least a strong talking to.
guys pls, pee is funny frown
pee is funny
pee makes you slip
slipping is funny
Thing about like, just ahelp it, is even if these people get banned, that wont stop more people from doing it. Like, as is, the majority of uses i see with pee arent people using it to make saltpetre, theyre using it to do the afformentioned things. I doubt just ahelping will fix this fact.
The reply of “just ahelp the creep” isn’t really going to work. A system like pee allows people to be a creep much easier than if we axed it. Not to mention all of the piss chambers, piss pools, and piss drinks.

Just axe it. It had its place in old goon and it doesn’t have a place in current goon.
Heart 
(06-03-2021, 07:09 AM)Mr. Green Wrote: First of all, i think we should pat ourselves on the back for the fact that we are able to discuss urine in an online spes game and end up with such a fascinating read.

I also don't feel very strongly about removing urine. I do however believe, that while claiming this WILL lead to fart removal is fallacious, removing urine does set a certain precedent, which is worth considering at least.

(06-02-2021, 07:13 AM)DimWhat Wrote: I'll start off by saying that I personally find urine to be disgusting.

Interesting to see the different disgust rankings of bodily fluids in this thread (vomit>blood>pee for me personally). While the levels of disgust might differ, isn't pee kinda meant to be disgusting? Ofcourse people can take this too far, but like others already said, i think that's why the rules exist, and that this should be dealt with on a case by case basis.

(06-03-2021, 12:03 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: Would removing them really cost us more players than it would gain us?

I find this a slightly scary and rather reductive way to look at this issue, or any issue for that matter.

(06-03-2021, 12:03 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: reminder: tradition is the enemy of progress. "it's a part of goon culture" is not a valid argument.

Tradition isn't objectively bad, nor is progress objectively good (and i say that as someone who often hates tradition). I strongly believe that gooncode being constantly worked on is what keeps it fresh, and part of what makes this such an amazing game. However i do believe that certain elements of a game can be what defines a game, at least on a personal level, and possibly broader ("goon culture"). While i understand that weighing this argument too heavily can stifle progress, i don't think dismissing it outright is productive either.

Since urine seems to be mostly an issue on RP, couldn't it somehow become part of the motives system? I could imagine something along the lines of needing to pee every so often, but also having a cap on how much you can pee. Seems to me this would solve the pee flood issue, although i have no idea how hard this would be to implement.

I also like the toggle idea. Makes me think of how in Rust you are able to toggle nudity on and off. I personally don't mind the nudity, but can also see how censoring it is ideal for streamers for example. Seems to me that everyone wins in such a scenario.

This is a huge quote, but this seems like the most reasonable solution honestly. Having it made so peeing will force you to take a hit to your hydration for each time you do it seems like a reasonable way to gate the amount that can be in a round for RP. As for people forcefeeding.... warning>ban? Cause that's pretty gross regardless of circumstance, honestly.

RP is suppose to be a fairly reasonable place, and I don't think you can really make a character that fits in with the rules of goon while also being so deranged that they think it's good to forcefeed people piss every shift they're in. I could be wrong, I don't really participate in the RP server, so I'm not exactly 100% up to date on how everything functions rule-wise there. Not a huge fan of motives, honestly.

Green basically summed up everything I was thinking but didn't know how to say cause I'm not particularly eloquent, so thanks a ton for that. Definitely my favourite monkey.
[isaj]
piss is a classic. its one of the great things that draws people into the game, not away. Look at all the videos people make, like, "I just found this game ss13". They dont talk about the rp, or the antags, they talk about all the crazy shit like piss cubes, and admin shenanigans.
(06-03-2021, 10:15 AM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: piss is a classic. its one of the great things that draws people into the game, not away. Look at all the videos people make, like, "I just found this game ss13". They dont talk about the rp, or the antags, they talk about all the crazy shit like piss cubes, and admin shenanigans.

This is subjective. I was drawn to the game because of the RP and the antags. If my introduction had been videos of piss cubes, I would never have played a single round.
(06-03-2021, 10:15 AM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: piss is a classic. its one of the great things that draws people into the game, not away. Look at all the videos people make, like, "I just found this game ss13". They dont talk about the rp, or the antags, they talk about all the crazy shit like piss cubes, and admin shenanigans.

I know people call this game "farty space men" all the time.
(06-03-2021, 09:48 AM)unfunnyperson Wrote: The reply of “just ahelp the creep” isn’t really going to work. A system like pee allows people to be a creep much easier than if we axed it. Not to mention all of the piss chambers, piss pools, and piss drinks.

Just axe it. It had its place in old goon and it doesn’t have a place in current goon.
I disagree with the first point, we don't want that type of person to begin with. Why would we want to safety pad goonstation to the point that the people who would've been creeps with pee/vomit/blood etc can blend in or use a different mechanic to be creepy with? A lot of people will stop if they realize they are coming off as a creep when they get PM'd by an admin, cause chances are it was unintentional. For those that are doing it intentionally, banning people is pretty simple and preferable to keep them out of the community.

It seems a little silly writing it, but I think there's a ton of gimmicks and situations where pee can make it better/more funny than it is, just by being silly and ridiculous. I can respect people disliking it, but to sterilize everything cause of the actions of a few people on a specific server seems a bit silly. You have plenty of options to avoid it, even in RP.

I rarely see any piss flooding on the main server, and it's usually contained in a cube if I do see it on the monthly basis it happens. Maybe we should have it be covered in space law specifically, public defecation/urination or something, instead of vague categories.

I have had pee fed to me once in the six or so months I've been playing on the main server, and it was a very niche gimmick that was honestly pretty funny. I'm not really sure what kind of crowd is being attracted to RP, but it's pretty obviously we DON'T want that subset of people who get off on feeding piss to people on goon.

Didn't expect this thread to become the most controversial topic on goon, lmao.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Also the amount of times I see bartenders/chefs mix small amounts of urine into everything they make or people pissing in bartender's glasses and leaving it out is way too high on RP. It's absolutely awful and something that happens consistently with newer, less RP'ing players discovering they can pee

Also if you haven't seen people be creepy or harass people with piss, you havent played the game for long enough or arent looking closely. Ive seen it excessively
(06-03-2021, 10:31 AM)Mushroom Wrote: Also if you haven't seen people be creepy or harass people with piss, you havent played the game for long enough. Ive seen it excessively

do you push f1 when this happens