Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 2.59 Average
Removing Urine
The people arguing about slippery slopes or whatever seem to have forgotten that precedent is a thing. Precedence is literally used as an argument in the very first post of this thread, IE that poo was removed for similar reasons as to why they think urine should be removed. Let's acknowledge that previous decisions influence and provide frameworks for future ones.

This feels like another instance of: "X thing is gross or can possibly be used or interpreted in a gross or creepy way, let's remove the whole thing."

Piss has few mechanics and barely any importance. You might say that's in favor of it's removal, but I'd argue the opposite. It's not entwined majorly with anything. There's no inevitability that you'll be downed in a ocean of piss. The only time it's showing up is for comedic purposes or if someone is being a creep. I'd definitely argue there's far more ways to be amusing with it than be creepy with it. There's rules against being a creep. Bash the creep for abusing it, literally and figuratively.

Also someone posing as an escape artist in a shamecube handcuffed and trying to escape from it before drowning in their own piss will never not be a funny mental image to me.
yea efrems drowned me in piss shamecubes and its been nothing but humorous
I'm aware that previous decisions influence and provide frameworks for future ones, but I'm not sure how removing piss will ever lead to removing all the fun and cool things from the game.
(06-02-2021, 06:05 PM)Flourish Wrote: I'm aware that previous decisions influence and provide frameworks for future ones, but I'm not sure how removing piss will ever lead to removing all the fun and cool things from the game.

The next PR discussion might be:"I am grossed out by gore and gibs! The sight of blood disturbs me. Replace all the gibs with toys and the blood with confetti.".
Farting can be a fetish and so can vomit play. If we are removing piss then why not those other things people can use to be gross with? I don't see this as slippery slope. I just see it as if one gross thing is removed then why are the other gross things still allowed? Might as well just sanitize the game completely to weed out all the stuff people are going to be offended by.
Vomit and farts both have mechanics and reasons to exist. Pee has neither. Nobody uses toilets to piss, it's only used to gross out people and grief. Saltpetre can be fixed, triplepiss can still exist. Sure admins are there to deal with it, but nitroglycerin and much else has been removed despite "just ahelp people abusing it" being an argument. What exact reason is there to keep this tiny detail that has no relevance yet is abused 99% of the time it's used? Outside of piss balloons, I've only seen piss floods and people being weird with it, so what is the positive influence it brings to the game?
Decapitation is pretty messed up too, right?

- - -

There will always be folks unhappy with one thing or another.
There is literally zero force behind having to engage with someone piss-flooding. It is not HD quality piss but just a chemical with a name and a hexadecimal color code.

If you dislike someone pissing in public, beat them with a fish; call security; go away.

Dozen options for someone to ignore that and leave the fun for others to have.
No need to cut it out.

(06-02-2021, 06:47 PM)Varali Wrote: Vomit and farts both have mechanics and reasons to exist. Pee has neither. Nobody uses toilets to piss, it's only used to gross out people and grief. Saltpetre can be fixed, triplepiss can still exist. Sure admins are there to deal with it, but nitroglycerin and much else has been removed despite "just ahelp people abusing it" being an argument. What exact reason is there to keep this tiny detail that has no relevance yet is abused 99% of the time it's used? Outside of piss balloons, I've only seen piss floods and people being weird with it, so what is the positive influence it brings to the game?

This is a weird game. It is chaotic and weird.
I like the weird.
(06-02-2021, 06:47 PM)GORE Wrote: This is a weird game. It is chaotic and weird.
I like the weird.

There's a lot more weird in Goon that is around and loved, so why keep this one thing that grosses people out and is mostly there to be gross? Would removing piss really detract from Goonstation and make it less than it is today?
Yes.

Straight up removing things that harm nobody and can easily be ignroed but at the worst of times might cut goofy gimmicks away - yep - that is bad.
I support, it’s used in nasty and gross ways. No one wants to get covered in a piss flood because a clown boxed themselves in a 1x1 room and became a nuclearly efficient piss engine. It’s not funny and it never has been, I’ve seen it used to harass people more than anything
My opinion is that people who complain about fake piss in a fictional piece of media are people that need to grow thicker skin. This is just a game, it's part of the goon culture. either take it in stride or leave.

Admin edit: Don't tell people who don't like a thing that you like to leave.
Piss flooding should require NT Brand pills to triple the size of your kidneys
[Image: kidneys.png]
(Also glasses filled with urine should disrupt cloaks)
Just wanna go on the record and say that, at this point, piss and farts have both been so overdone that they're basically background noise for me.

I don't feel like they add much, but also, I don't really mind them at all. I'm neutral on the matter and don't care either way.
Exactly, Urs, we don't notice them much anymore, but newer players do, and they are *weird*.
This is such a great game with loads of depth, but if you showed it to someone who's not already familiar they'd just be weirded out by all the farting going on.
IMO urine is just silly toilet humor and is less gross than vomit. This is a game where I can grab someone and give them a swirly them 50 times in a row. People build vomit chambers where walking through it causes everyone to vomit until it fills with thousands of units of vomit. As has been brought up before if someone is being weird or breaking rules with piss or making piss chambers on RP where it wouldn't quite make sense adminhelp it.