Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 2.59 Average
Removing Urine
I have no strong feelings either way, let me know what you decide
Star 
I have neutral standing on the piss feature. Because I didn´t find use for it in game yet, at least for stuff which I do. So in pure gameplay point of view I wouldn´t miss this feature, even though I sometimes enjoyed the piss pool gimmick.
But on other side, I just see the reason as removing it for being "disgusting" bad one as why not then remove blood and bleeding? As I, or better said my brain, finds these two things disgusting too, sometimes even to the point that I almost vomit myself in real life and yet I don´t want it being removed, because it´s part of the game.

Also generally, why not try to solve this issue instead of removing it instantly? Like if some people exploit it, make a cooldown on the emote? Or bad or funny consenquences which could happen if somebody would use the emote too much? One thing which I have no idea though, is against people forcing other ones to drink urine. Maybe add some option or trait to make character automatically refuse it? With no way to force it to do it? And keep removing of it only as last solution if nothing else helps?

Or make it maybe as a need in RP mode instead of manual emote? Like it´s in The Sims? That player wouldn´t be able to call the mote and would piss instead by using WC. But if the need would go to 0, then player would piss himself automatically instead. Regardless of where he is.
Splitting the codebase between rp and main isn't gonna happen.

its a fair complaint. Piss is kinda gross, seeing players forcedrinking piss or seeing mentorhelps about how to piss in a glass is awkward at best.
It's not an important feature and some of the recipes are just old gimmicks and in jokes, pissdrinking initropidril jokes and triplepiss and such.
Ammonia could come from plenty of other things.
A more serious answer:

Pee is funny and if we go through and remove everything everyone thinks is gross, there won't be any bodily fluids left by the end of the summer.

However, I do agree that pissflooding every round is stupid. An idea I proposed in admin chat is that pissing should damage your kidneys somewhat, especially if you try to do it quickly, so that if you do something to try to produce that much pee your kidneys will explode and you will be unable to continue peeing until you replace them. Also you might die IDK how kidneys work. This would prevent the every round pissflooding but a really, really determined person could probably still make some comedy happen and chemistry wouldn't get messed up.

Synthkidneys should produce some other fluid, something funny and plant related. Robot kidneys should just make a funny noise and inform the player that their kidneys are automatically converting metabolic waste into usable energy.

[Image: 038.jpg?w=600]
We need piss. Its vital to make pissghetti
Pissing damaging your kidneys sounds great actually. I like that "fix" being that they just die for overdoing it haha
I'd just like to state that I am also fully on board with removing farts! ?
piss abuse leading to kidney failure is simultaneously the most graceful compromise and funniest solution
There's definitely been a few urine fetishists that pop in. We had someone ranting about how much they loved tricking people into eating their pee on RP recently. And there were a few other questionable folk going back. RP is worse for it because people have more time in a round to be weird.

My issue with pee damaging kidneys is it won't really stop the dedicated flooders whose goal is the flood and not survival, and definitely won't slow down the other group who will happily get cyberkidneys to keep going.

As for farts, yeah. They could go and the game would be unchanged other than people who currently won't play Goon because of the body humor giving us a try.
Let us murder people who pissflood.
Hard no for the removal from me.

Unless we go the extra mile and talk about potential follow-up changes:

- Fart removal! (Who wants that?)
- Burp removal! (That sound is gross!)
- Eating removal! (Some folks get dizzy when they hear people munching, mh?)
- Borger removal! (Eww! Robots with a few bloody flaps of skin on them!)
- Drug removal! (That is just pushing substance abuse, eh?)

- - -

This thread is the kinda slippery slope I dislike.
If you see someone walling themselves in to do a flood, just go to tele-sci and teleport them out.
Other than that you could feed them capulettium or call security. Mh. You know - an in-game solution to that very problem as some deem it to be.

I do not see a single problem here - but sure - let's ride that slippery slope and see what will stay in the game.

Mh...we could replace blood and gibs with toys and water - just think of the censored TF2 version!
Pee is funny, farts are funny, burps are funny.
Peeing while farting and burping and screaming is very funny.
What Camryn said, I dont mind particularly but piss has a more grounded reason to exist compared to poo.
Piss is weird I don't like it and I don't like farts and that's all I got to say

(06-02-2021, 01:10 PM)GORE Wrote: Hard no for the removal from me.

Unless we go the extra mile and talk about potential follow-up changes:

- Fart removal! (Who wants that?)
- Burp removal! (That sound is gross!)
- Eating removal! (Some folks get dizzy when they hear people munching, mh?)
- Borger removal! (Eww! Robots with a few bloody flaps of skin on them!)
- Drug removal! (That is just pushing substance abuse, eh?)

- - -

This thread is the kinda slippery slope I dislike.
If you see someone walling themselves in to do a flood, just go to tele-sci and teleport them out.
Other than that you could feed them capulettium or call security. Mh. You know - an in-game solution to that very problem as some deem it to be.

I do not see a single problem here - but sure - let's ride that slippery slope and see what will stay in the game.

Mh...we could replace blood and gibs with toys and water - just think of the censored TF2 version!

For the record, the slippery slope is what's known as a "logical fallacy"
It's like you wrote down the reason this is a bad argument

[Image: unknown.png]

I just don't like it very much
[Image: jojo_jellyfish_tooth_by_mdwyer5_ddyalx0-...RaY_eR1EQU]