Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED PR] Re-Balance Ruck Kits Remove Global Blueprint Database
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BUGFIX] [QOL] [BALANCE] [FEEDBACK]
About the PR

In a recent round I found that command was able to completely shut down my job as mechanic and any round plans I had as mechanic, disabling everything but the most benign items.
To my dismay this applied to brand new kits and off station ones.
To deal with this I changed them so that

- Blueprint locks are per ruck kit

Since this makes command's job harder we'll also completely adjust them so that

- New ruck kits start with no blueprints
- Blueprints scanned by device analyzers will only appear on the ruck kit they're scanned on

I brought this up in #4959

This also fixes an href exploit, where users could craft a link to print locked blueprints

Why's this needed?

This brings the power balance back- before Command was completely helpless to mechanics who could always print anything forever.
Off station, new ruck kits, only destroying both kits and telling QM not to buy one could stop them.

This change introduced an option that was enough and broke the balance completely in command's favor, able to completely turn off Mechanic as a job.
Rucks will now be more local in general, returning to the status quo where someone does need to disable each ruck- and turning up the level of espionage and counter espionage options.
Upload your blueprints to one ruck to hide them- but then they're simple to easily disable
Or scan them and upload them everywhere- revealing to everyone what you did.
And so forth.

But the fact that command can shut the creation of anything and everything, everywhere is a singular atomic concern so it's the only thing in this PR
Changelog

Code:
(u)Penny
(+)Ruck kit blueprints are now locked by command per-kit

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Reminder that the alternative to being able to lock out items in the ruck isn't "do nothing".  It's "blow every fucking ruck in the game to smithereens".
make the ones on station linked but the ones on the debris not linked, so people can go there and do the crime away from command.