Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Button+Click Combo that Points to Stuff
We already have ones for pulling and examining things, and who doesn't like pointing to stuff? It'd be a lot easier than having to right click. Plus some people on IRC supported the idea.
LunaticLawyer Wrote:We already have ones for pulling and examining things, and who doesn't like pointing to stuff? It'd be a lot easier than having to right click. Plus some people on IRC supported the idea.

I like this idea, you have no idea how many times I have crashed due to trying to point to a huge pile of (Insert annoying item here).
I'm not suggesting this as the end-all solution to this problem, but if you type out the 'point' verb as you would 'say' in the input box, it will autocomplete whatever item name you begin typing if you are specific enough.

for example, if I type : 'poi[space] tase[space] ' It will be the same as if I had typed 'point taser-gun'
MyBlueCorners Wrote:for example, if I type : 'poi[space] tase[space] ' It will be the same as if I had typed 'point taser-gun'
I understand. This is quicker, but does pose a problem when there's more than one object of the same type on your screen. I'll use this for now until we hopefully get something better.
MyBlueCorners Wrote:I'm not suggesting this as the end-all solution to this problem, but if you type out the 'point' verb as you would 'say' in the input box, it will autocomplete whatever item name you begin typing if you are specific enough.

for example, if I type : 'poi[space] tase[space] ' It will be the same as if I had typed 'point taser-gun'
This is nice but I'd prefer a more complete form of tab completion. That is, typing S and hitting tab will cycle through all commands that start with "s". This might not be possible in BYOND so if it isn't that sucks, but that'd be nice.

Anyway having shift-click to point to things would be nice. Really I would like more hotkeys, particularly in WASD-mode. O for OOC chat, 1/2/3 for cyborg tool selection, Z to open up backpack maybe?, theres a lot that involves mouse usage that would be great if they could be bound to keys.