Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Change up the Singulo Movement?
Personally I always get super disappointed when someone releases the singulo, and it grows to monster size, but it moves in the worst direction possible, and all it does is destroy engineering, then slowly loop itself around engineering. Maybe direct the singulo towards the station more if it gets released? I don't know, but a lot of times the singulo just sits around when it gets released.
A long time ago another server had a 'singularity beacon' traitor item. Was a lot of fun. Could be applied here.
(06-02-2021, 08:12 AM)MoonJesus Wrote: A long time ago another server had a 'singularity beacon' traitor item. Was a lot of fun. Could be applied here.

People releasing the singulo every round sounds dull. There's a reason we dropped the singularity bomb.
I like the base idea for "directing the singularity" but just planting down an item to make it go there is boring and uninvolved, imo. Some sort of active system where you gotta wave some item around to pull it towards you would be neat. You'd be very obviously directing it and putting yourself in danger. Forget magboots or mesons? oops you got eaten and the sing goes back to its normal random movement.

Either a traitor item or a crafted item would be neat.
Could that be because the singularity and how it functions is.... dull when it gets released? Like I feel there's a ton of things we could do with singularity, cause right now it is super lame and its compounded on top of how lame construction is, so nobody wants to bother repairing the aftermath cause it'll take 30 minutes with 5 people since one rwall is like 15-20 seconds to build with no interruptions.
Somewhere there's an animated singularity sprite where it opens up to reveal it's an eye, which is wonderfully creepy.  If we want to make Singuloth more aggressive when released it might be worth making Singuloth more Singuloth when released.

Plus it means we're canonically powering the station with an actual elder god.
(06-02-2021, 03:18 PM)Mouse Wrote: Somewhere there's an animated singularity sprite where it opens up to reveal it's an eye, which is wonderfully creepy.  If we want to make Singuloth more aggressive when released it might be worth making Singuloth more Singuloth when released.

Maybe add a note made by the previous CE in the CE's office in the maps where theres a singularity that implies they went insane or something after witnessing the power of an eldritch being
also powering the station using a bound eldritch being is definitly a very NT thing to do
one idea i heard in ghost chat the other day was to give ghosts the ability to push or direct the movement of the singulo, so its not so random, and by releasing the singulo, you have no control over it, and you are simply embracing the chaotic forces of the dead

perhaps leave singularity movement as it is right now, but have it be attracted to ghosts?
(06-03-2021, 09:13 AM)Jakson Wrote: one idea i heard in ghost chat the other day was to give ghosts the ability to push or direct the movement of the singulo, so its not so random, and by releasing the singulo, you have no control over it, and you are simply embracing the chaotic forces of the dead

perhaps leave singularity movement as it is right now, but have it be attracted to ghosts?

Mmmmm yes let me metagrudge this traitor who robusted me
(06-03-2021, 09:52 AM)unfunnyperson Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 09:13 AM)Jakson Wrote: one idea i heard in ghost chat the other day was to give ghosts the ability to push or direct the movement of the singulo, so its not so random, and by releasing the singulo, you have no control over it, and you are simply embracing the chaotic forces of the dead

Mmmmm yes let me metagrudge this traitor who robusted me

usually whenever the singulo is loose deadchat is filled with people shouting at the singulo to go in a certain direction, and the singulo is so slow that you cant target certain people, its just "SINGULO MOVE TO THE HALLWAY PLEASE YOURE SO CLOSE"

generally the entire deadchat is cheering for the singulo to eat as much of the station as possible, antag or not
(06-02-2021, 03:18 PM)Mouse Wrote: Somewhere there's an animated singularity sprite where it opens up to reveal it's an eye, which is wonderfully creepy.  If we want to make Singuloth more aggressive when released it might be worth making Singuloth more Singuloth when released.

God we dont need 2/3’s of our engines to be eldritch god based power.
wait the TEG or geothermal is powered by an eldritch god?
(06-03-2021, 06:38 PM)Rilor Wrote: wait the TEG or geothermal is powered by an eldritch god?

smile
i think it would be cool if the sing would be slightly, very slightly influenced by nearby ghosts in its movement path.
(06-03-2021, 06:38 PM)Rilor Wrote: wait the TEG or geothermal is powered by an eldritch god?

Dont think theres any lore behind it, but I and many others would not be surprised at all if that turned out to be the case with geothermals. I mean, why else would hotspots be so damn evil?