Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
what if guardbuddies weren't racist against squidpeople
squidpeople have "jerk" attached to them in the code so guardbuddies will attack them on sight. especially with the new "mildly mutated" trait, it's possible to roll squid and get roundstart arrested by guardbuddies, with no ability to rectify it other than "don't be a squid". there doesn't seem to be any lore reason for this(afaik), it seems kind of silly overall to keep

they're the only relatively common friendly mutantrace on the list with that, maybe they shouldn't have it?
can make a pr but i wanna know if people are really attached to guardbuddies hating ithillids
Squids getting arrested on end has flavor.

Keep it - I am not for making all mutatrances the same.
Was playing a round and a guardbuddy would follow me around repeatedly insulting me for no reason. (I was a lizardperson.) It tracked me throughout the whole station spouting random insults at me and at one point, I beat it with a crowbar until it exploded. I was arrested by sec for property damage, but at least the racism was ended.
(05-27-2021, 10:30 AM)TheRealFlapJackson Wrote: Was playing a round and a guardbuddy would follow me around repeatedly insulting me for no reason. (I was a lizardperson.) It tracked me throughout the whole station spouting random insults at me and at one point, I beat it with a crowbar until it exploded. I was arrested by sec for property damage, but at least the racism was ended.

That one's a guardbuddy mode (heckle), where someone has to set the buddy to heckle a specific person, similar to guard mode.
the command is, in DWAINE,
prman upload NETID heckle name=pubbyjones
prman wake NETID
maybe instead of arresting squidpeople they should heckle them?
that
(05-27-2021, 01:19 PM)Rilor Wrote: maybe instead of arresting squidpeople they should heckle them?

that would be solidly funny
it'd require more work to make happen (the code that makes them arrest squidpeople on sight is also the code that makes them arrest like, werewolfs, abominations, and zombies on sight)