Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pod Wars Feedback Thread
Drop your feedback here please.
might do some good if it was shorter,
as is, it was as long as a RP round.
It was honestly lovely, the combat was intense, medical was great. However, it felt lengthy, 90 minutes might be a good time limit. ALSO, this may be an overall byond issue, but there was major performance issues during podwars. overall, with some work id love to see it in rotation.
That was fun but, I think there should be some variation between teams and it might be better to make pods bought with currency since they take long enough to build I wasn't even bothering to build them. I just took emergency pods and jetpacks and dual wielded but it felt a bit like fighting cookie cutter enemies for 2 hours since they had the same gear as us and only a few people were making good pods. I feel like a point redemption system might be better for some of this though, also for more players it might be better to have multiple bases or just a room of fabricators. I think there needs to be an body cleanup and some way to reduce the sheer amount of lag from lasers at lodbrok and stuff, I got shot at by like 6 pods and 4-6 turrets and insta crashed. I feel like more gear variety would also be nice, makeable or buyable, either way.
i loved it. it was epic, but i think you might want to size down the map a little bit. it is not fun having to go so far to fight people.
Make it take less effort to build a pod. Currently printing a jetpack and jetpacking to a point is more effective than a pod.
There should be a central localized material area. Making pods was rough, and some of the other stations around should be equipped, with access to your teams material storage to make pods. random amounts of materials in random fabricators was a pain. like a rock box, but easier to use.
that was fun

there could be a better variation or more gimmicky approach to the objectives other than control points but nonetheless, it was really good.
  • Big one: Top thing could be a minimap showing your position in the z-level and a trench map style illustration of vessels, asteroids and control points (NT and syndicate bars move to the right hand side and become shorter + vertical, the minimap is offset left to compensate).
  • Under top thing, have a small "HELP" button that brings up information blurb on how pod wars works, and how pods work.
  • Bigger pod bays / generally an adjustment of the home vessels? I could chip in for this.
  • Repair stations that can repair a pod while it's stationary on them; some in the carriers, one or two in space as secondary control locations (perhaps at other corners from the stations).
  • There's no observer start.
I'm sure i'll have multiple thoughts on this as I put it to mind, but one major issue I have is the corpse count.

Perhaps every agent on both sides has something similar to a microbomb, but instead its a firegib? Maybe on death it triggers the fire-gib effect from things like Dragons breath or high voltage instead death. That way it instantly removes items from the field, the body included.
Hey; this was really exciting and I'm glad I got to play. Loved everything from the greater mode to the little touches for the teams (syndies have a red janitor bucket!)

A couple thoughts/problems:

1. I was the fool who spawned in pilot and got stuck on an empty Z level for ~Science~. Maybe just make sure that stuff is disabled for pod_wars mode.
2. Teamkilling and griefing was a major problem on both sides and contributed to NT team's slow start and Syndie team's quick demise at the end. Is there a way to make weapons not work on your own team?
3. The bottom engineering door into the furnace room on the syndie base had no floor under it. I'm not sure if it was missed totally or if there was something else going on there since I could also phase through the door
4. The rate that the meds (burn particularly) run out is really brutal and we were pretty much done with meds by halfway through the round (knowing Fortuna also had some med stuff there). This was a particular problem again because of (1.)
5. Ultimately we figured something out, unceremonious as it is, but a better way to dispose of bodies with maybe a crematorium on each station might be nice so as not to send your teams' gear off into space where the other team can snap it up
6. The lag was very bad for me past minute 75 and I began crashing a bunch. Not sure what caused it specifically. Someone thought it was all the bodies.
7. The locations are nice but the map feels too big to realistically be able to get anywhere and help defend capture points if you start from base
8. AHhhhhhhhhh No one seemed to listen too much; maybe multiple team captains might help on that front? It was always sad when the sole team cap bit it and no one would listen to anything at all (maybe not that they did that much regardless)
9. There was a particular issue we had with power at the Syndie base and it didn't look like a problem with the furnaces or SMES units to me (the output was toggled off but the input was not even high enough to sustain that anyways); this was either a map problem or a problem with (1.) again, which pretty severely dented Syndies at round end.
10. Maybe it also doesn't matter much but I think dead players being ghosts then rejoining the round is a little Stinky; this feels like more of a strat gamemode than most others so I'd like if you were better able to plan things without opponent ghosts hearing your comms and peeking at bases and stuff then being revived and joining up again. The window for this is small but I saw someone do that. By the same token, and in shameful honesty, while the radio headsets vaporize when you try to pick them up from opponents, if you sit over an opponent body while they have a headset on you can still hear opponent comms, which is something I did when I realized while carrying a body that I was hearing NT channels. Feature or to fix? Not sure. Felt bad of me to do that, so, sorry for circumventing the protections in place on listening to other team's comms.

10.5. A way to know who's in what pod would be nice, I shot a teammate in an NT pod that way, but I would like to keep infiltration possible without Bonking your own team. Maybe extend overlays to pods?

11. No internal pod doors to open and close the bay when on foot for all my Reckless Teammates and Good Friends who went spacewalkin'!

12. Puritans still die as usual when cloned! Very sad and inefficient!
-too many points, maybe only have 1 big point area
-not the biggest fan of the current crate reward system, maybe special vending machines that dispense stronger weapons?
-the base ships felt too small but that could be because of the population
-the secondary stations that didn't have control points felt under used, maybe add team specific tracking beacons?
-the map felt a bit too big with not enough identifiable land marks, maybe some different tile sets like the alien ships in debris field?

other than those things it was super fun and I had a pretty good time.
Felt more like a FFA than team vs team to me, not many people were working together (and I don't think they will without any other encouragement to)
It might have been that the server as a whole had no idea what to do, and that people will be more organized later, but I still feel like more reasons for people to group up are needed

(Would also be great to have our teammates projectiles not hurt us. People misfire, spots land where they shouldn't, etc., so that in itself discourages people from grouping)

It was really hard to find where to go. With how fast paced the game is right now and the (as far as I could tell in the moment) indication of what you have captured and need to capture made it *really* confusing on where i should be. I say this even with the scanner that points you in the direction you need to go, as it only gives you a name.
I think changing the names to point A/B/C or putting it on the side with the name would be amazing, as it's 10000x better than having to memorize the full names and to where they go/are on the map.

Also, barriers weren't really used, as with how many lethal projectiles you can dish out in the first place and how fast you can lose a point, there's not much reason to set them up when they can backfire on you and your teammates so fast.

I really loved being able to just go out there and try what works. Just being able to get revived faster than your local doctor could powergame the cloner is amazing, and it definitely changes dying from "guess that's over" to "what do I do this time?" which is amazing for practicing robustness in pods, space, with firearms, and in close quarters. I can see this being an amazing gamemode!
(05-25-2021, 06:16 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: Drop your feedback here please.

quite fun but the pods were outclassed by dual wielding guns. also the c saber was stupid broken, i got one and kept it all round, even when fighting 4+ enemies at once. the only thing that almost killed me was another c saber. its an insane offensive and defensive tool that we could do without for this game mode.
maps too big to traverse, should be made smaller to compact the combat: maybe make it a single station, but with 5-3 capture points people compete over to concentrate the combat?

either remove the mining entirely, or make it so the free alternatives for pods are better: to many people were stealing pods, there werent enough resources for everyone, it just put a bottleneck on gameplay

different roles weren't distinct enough: what can a commander even do compared to a piolet, make them either all the same role, or make multiple different roles

essentially, my suggestion is to have 2 teams fighting over a single station, instead of multiple stations, then add in shuttles that ferry troops to the station that pods have to defend, otherwise they would be shot down and blown up, perhaps even using the nukie kits as loadouts, this would concentrate gameplay, add in more infantry on infantry combat mixing up the battles, and reduce the time it takes to actually get to the battle.