Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
remove or severely nerf chemgroups
being able to click one button and instantly get a mix that can put everyone in a room into crit and melt every floor is not particularly good game design.
(05-25-2021, 11:32 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: being able to click one button and instantly get a mix that can put everyone in a room into crit and melt every floor is not particularly good game design.
Alternatively make lots more chemicals require chemicals that aren’t in the chem dispenser.
Chem groups are good, chem recipies are wack, not using chem groups is faster than copy pasting from another tab, removing them won't change anything. The only problem I can see someone having with them is how easily shareable they are, but imo that is good, gives chemists a reason to talk to each other.
Make chemgroups add a checklist to the dispenser that fills out as you add the chems in it, so it can be used more as a shopping list than a one button solution
Some previous discussion on this topic is available in this thread: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=15961
I don't think chemgroups are a very balanced system, due to how insanely broken certain mixes can be, but outright removing them does nothing but make chemistry less fun. Removal of chemgroups, in a way that makes the production of certain chemicals less of a bore, would require a lot of recipe changes. Look at Pentetic Acid for an example - it's a pain in the ass to make manually, which is where chemgroups come in. We should focus on the chem features that are actually broken (such as nitro and propellant) rather than removing groups as a whole.
I think a energy system for chem dispensers would be an ideal solution. Give ChemDispensers batteries of sorts, making chemicals takes energy from that battery with said battery slowly recharging, while draining the rooms APC's power, under the equipment tab.

It'd help alleviate spam and prevent the rather silly current behaviour we currently have where you can just make chem smokes from a dispenser till the end of time.