Attention: All existing users will need to reset their password before being able to log in. Click here to reset. For more information on why, click here. (September 26) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
beetlejuicefan banned by unknown
IRC/Discord Username: BeetlejuiceFan#4691
Date and time of the ban: 24/05/2021  07:18 BST
Who banned me: unknown
Message given in the kick, if present  It was brought to our attention that (1) you posted a lot of dogwhistley and uncomfortable things in the lgbtqia+ channel (2) your avatar + nickname are about some guy with developmental disabilities that's featured as comic relief on some show. In conjunction, you seem like a troll. If you think this ban was applied in error, feel free to appeal on the forums.
Summary of events leading up to the ban: i was in the town hall, talking about precursors, that was the last thing i did before i got banned
Why I should be unbanned: So, for the dog whistley stuff i posted in the lgbt channel: i am not sure what sentence i said was considered dog whistley but this is the one i believe it was: I was showing someone a satire ( i presume ) image, then someone said something a long the lines of ' Why do people consider you hitler if you have different political ideologies / opinions than them ' I replied with "based" maybe something after that, i dont remember as this was either yesterday or the day before. I continued talking with the person that i showed the image to, they then said out of the blue " am i being fucked with? " i replied with a question mark as i was so confused, they then started saying i was dog whistling, i had no idea what this meant, so i then looked it up and realised what it meant, i believe i said i wasn't dog whistling; Just in case, i deleted the messages i believe she meant, ( the "based" thing ) and said i'll wait for an admin to come and sort it out. Also, i also want to say, i did get a bit too interested with what i was saying, there for, asking more personal stuff to do with peoples genders and sexualities, this was completely all my fault, i shouldn't have asked very personal questions to people as it rubs off as very creepy,  i cant remember what i was saying, so look in the logs; an admin came into the chat a couple mins later and said why i shouldn't ask such personal questions, they might have said about the dog whistling thing, i don't remember. Dog whistling in of itself is very hard to prove, i wasn't dog whistling, but i shouldn't have replied to what that guy said either. Now, onto the profile picture thing. This is such a bad reason to ban me for, 1. I have never seen one person acknowledge my profile picture in the history of being on the server ( if you didn't know, it was beetlejuice ), i never got warned about my name or profile picture, if i got asked to take it off i would have. 2. the kick message says that beetlejuice was featured on a comedic show for comedic relief... Why is that part of the ban reason, just because some spelling show used him as comedic relief doesn't mean i am forbidden to use him as a name or profile picture, again, i never got told or warned about any of this. So adding a ban reason for something that i never even knew or got told about is just so unneeded and shouldn't be considered as one of the reasons for a ban. From my perspective, this ban has 1 reason that i understand and feel remorse for, which is asking very personal questions in the lgbt channel, i am very sorry about that. The other 3 are not really good reasons at all, 1 of them is allegations without that much proof, and another is my profile pic and name that i never even got warned and made aware of that in the ban maker's opinion is a suitable reason, and the last one is just an opinion ( it was saying that i seem like a troll ). Even if i don't get unbanned, i still am glad that i got to show my frustration. If i get unbanned, i will generally stay away from the lgbt channel as that is where most problems arise and just chat a bit. so yeah, thats all i have to say. thanks for reading, James

i forgot to space out the different sections, my bad
Hi I'm actually relevant to this band because I did some of the reports, and it's been clear to me from day one since I joined the Discord that this person never acts in good faith.

From lying about their age, their profile picture, their name (one time it had the N word in it), everything about this person is a giant red flag that has made me uncomfortable constantly.
Think if anyone goes and looks at their chat lugs you can see that they are just constantly engaging and behavior that is suspicious and uncomfortable and there's no value to the community for them to be here.

And for posterity

Cw: racist slur

https://discordapp.com/channels/82721736...9719432272

{Source via UnityStation discord}

(my bad, not the direct link, oops, please someone remove that if you can)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/8...nknown.png
(05-24-2021, 10:37 AM)penny Wrote: Hi I'm actually relevant to this band because I did some of the reports, and it's been clear to me from day one since I joined the Discord that this person never acts in good faith.

From lying about their age, their profile picture, their name (one time it had the N word in it), everything about this person is a giant red flag that has made me uncomfortable constantly.
Think if anyone goes and looks at their chat lugs you can see that they are just constantly engaging and behavior that is suspicious and uncomfortable and there's no value to the community for them to be here.
this is something i was considering adding in this thread as i have been consistently thinking about this and felt guilty about it since i did it, i think now is a good time to explain all of that mess. First, the age: i think this first started in a different discord, Unitystation, there is a bot that you can use to look at peoples past nicknames, i believe its called "xyz", this happened around feb - march or something like that, it got used on me and appeared that at jan 2020, i had the n-word in my name, i was 13 at that time and i was a huge edge lord, anything offensive was funny to me, i regret so so so so so fucking much having that name there, it was extremely negligent of peoples feelings for me to do that, when that happened i freaked out, i had completely forgotten i had that name, i was trying to explain the situation (though very badly) and basically my only defense was that i was 13 when i posted that, it was all i could say then it carries over to gooncord, this person was asking for some people to play jackbox with them, for literally no fucking reason i lied about my age and said i was doing a-levels, i didn't need to lie, there was no reason, i just... did it. Now, this is where i consider, one of the most embarrassing moments of my life: i went in cool zone and started talking about the fact i love the aesthetic of the 50's, an argument started where someone said "eat the rich", personally i never really heard that term before and got weirded out and started asking about it, at some point there, shit hit the fan, i probably said something i really shouldn't have, i got overwhelmed and then went into the Unitystation discord and started talking about it, i got people involved in something that had nothing to do with them, i dragged them under the bus, it was such a dick move in my opinion and if i could go back and change what i did, i would, eventually the argument sizzled down and then at some point, adhara asked me my age, i freaked out and said 19, so that is 2 age lies i have done, people eventually started looking back at what i said about doing a-levels, a levels (i believe) is 16-18, so it was obvious i lied about my age. Eventually an admin called BlackRayJack dm'd me saying we needed to talk, they were asking if i was above age, i told them the truth and then that was that. There was no more shit i stirred until some time later in general where we were talking about fallout, i said i like the brotherhood of steel and enclave, i dont remember what exactly happened here but i am sure you can look in the logs, it ended with me being told i give someone "fash" vibes, i knew what this meant at the time and i started to panic, not sure why but i did and the way i acted next was extremely stupid and avoidable; for some ungodly reason i replied to that with "yes", i shouldn't have, and i do really want to clarify, i am not fascist, to this day i dont know why i replied with that but for some reason i did.
for the profile picture and name, i changed them because after the incident in general, i became embarrassed of what i said, i tried to clear my name via changing it from "sirbanana" to "beetlejuicefan", i wanted that stuff to be forgotten, i should have just addressed it instead of avoiding it but for some reason, i didn't have the courage. Penny, i presume this is you; you are right, i never had anything to offer to the discord, i just stirred shit because i am a dumbass, i regret doing that shit i did the most out of my time playing ss13. I also would like to directly apologise to you and many others for being just a shitter, making everyone in the lgbt channel feel uncomfortable, i hope you can forgive me sometime
Here are two examples of the type of behavior that got you banned from the Discord.

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: unknown.png]

For the latter, that by itself could be someone who had good intentions but accidentally came off as weird. However, in conjunction with the rest of your behavior (for instance, randomly posting unrelated memes in lgbtqia+ channel, or randomly pinging an admin in there and going "why don't we use the standard logo anymore"), you really look like someone trying to "subtly" troll!

As for your avatar and Discord tag -

(05-24-2021, 09:32 AM)javajava1224 Wrote: just because some spelling show used him as comedic relief

Someone informed me that "for context, the "Spelling Show" he's referring to is a segment on Stern where Beetlejuice and another Wack Pack member named Gary the R-slur participate in a Spelling Bee". So that's really not a point in your favor at all.

I will not be lifting this ban because you really don't give me enough reason to. If you really are 14 or 15 or whatever, I suggest that you distance yourself from the people and places that made you think doing things like naming yourself the n-word was okay, and take time to think on and learn from your mistakes.